Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in magic? How about witches?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

.???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Replies (71-80):
5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

When did I say that? What odd form of logic are you using? I'm done here. Try as one might, there is no arguing with an idiot. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So then you admit that witchcraft is real after all, because both are practices typically consdered to be a part of witchcraft. You are the one falsely assuming that witchcraft must be about spell casting within a religious philosophy.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

And neither of which is magic. It's explainable by science. Magic - The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
It isn't mysterious if it's explainable, is it? 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So using herbs as a part of healing/medicine isn't real?

Using dousing rods to find water isn't real?

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:58 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM

yes and angels, ghosts and demons too

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM
yes and yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Yes
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM
What are you talking about? No one thinks either one of those are witchcraft, lol. Except for you.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So then you admit that witchcraft is real after all, because both are practices typically consdered to be a part of witchcraft. You are the one falsely assuming that witchcraft must be about spell casting within a religious philosophy.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

And neither of which is magic. It's explainable by science. Magic - The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM

You said that they are explainable by science. If they can be explained by science then they are real. I think we all know who the idiot is. Its the one who can't follow along in a simple conversation or answer a simple question. I'm still waiting for any name used to describe a male practitioner of witchcraft.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

When did I say that? What odd form of logic are you using? I'm done here. Try as one might, there is no arguing with an idiot. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

So then I am the only one who knows anything about witchcraft. 

Quoting Snapdragon88:

What are you talking about? No one thinks either one of those are witchcraft, lol. Except for you.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Kitschy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in Witches and their effectiveness if they are good at their craft. That being said I don't believe in magic, just the law of attraction.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

But prayer does work and science has acknowledged this as an unexplained phenomena

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN