Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in magic? How about witches?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

.???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

i do not think there is magic.. nor anyone up there who answers prayers either, apparently.

You know how we are encouraged to pray?

NOT ONCE has anything specific EVER been answered.... only "generic" things, just like ONE and all wish and hope for...

But not ONE specific thing, ever.

No magic. NO miracles.

Witches... just happy nature-loving hippies to me... harmless, but no magic.  Fun, but no magic...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I know we aren't!

Saying it's a power loosed by SATAN. When The " good" also do this is pretty fucking special.. Thats my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Laying of hands ( Healing) Doesn't exist in the Bible?

I'm pretty sure it does. And i'm pretty positive I know a few churchs that still practice this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe in it, but I also believe that it's power loosed by Satan. It's not that I think ''good'' witches are Satanic or evil, it's that I believe the power they have isn't their power. It's from Satan. 

We aren't talking about Christians. We're talking about witches. You have no point. 

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Interesting! Could you provide a link?

Quoting Kitschy:

But prayer does work and science has acknowledged this as an unexplained phenomena

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I believe in magic and if there are people that can do magic you could call them witches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I don't think you can believe in whitches or not. They exist. I guess you could believe in whether or not they gold any power or not. Yes, I beleive in magic.

kailalaila
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I believe in both

Kitschy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any links but there was some experiments in the 80's I believe where they were separating patients and having some prayed for and some not. The patients that were prayed for had something like 5 times more likelihood of getting better and fewer patients in that group died. 

I think that it's very hard to conduct actual experiements on prayer, but I was always under the impression from things I've read that a large percentage of scientists believe prayer works but do not understand why. They don't believe there is a man in the sky granting wishes or anything but the collective thought of individuals focused on a particular thing has real power.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Interesting! Could you provide a link?

Quoting Kitschy:

But prayer does work and science has acknowledged this as an unexplained phenomena

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I know we aren't!

Saying it's a power loosed by SATAN. When The " good" also do this is pretty fucking special.. Thats my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Laying of hands ( Healing) Doesn't exist in the Bible?

I'm pretty sure it does. And i'm pretty positive I know a few churchs that still practice this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe in it, but I also believe that it's power loosed by Satan. It's not that I think ''good'' witches are Satanic or evil, it's that I believe the power they have isn't their power. It's from Satan. 

We aren't talking about Christians. We're talking about witches. You have no point. 

Ok. 

wolfqueen666
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is a witch and I'm a Pagan.  We're raising our daughter and our next little one once it is born in the craft so yeah we believe in magic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Loosed??

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured