Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this morbid and creepy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I have letters typed up since ds was a baby. It basically just says what I love about him at that moment (certain sounds, sleeping ways, little toes ect). It also gives his current daily routine, his likes and dislikes. It includes also his favorite bed time story that I tell him as he goes to sleep. We read a book before but right before he falls asleep he asks me to tell him the 3 bears. It will be great to read later but, my husband says MY reasoning behind it is crazy and morbid. I do this because in the event I die suddenly..... I want his normals to go on.  I SAH so I know things would be drastically different but the little things he enjoys and the things that only he and I do, I want someone else to know about them too. That way even though I'm not there he can still have somewhat normalcy.  I told Dh since he was a baby they are on my computer and emailed to myself as a create a new one.

Am I crazy?? Is this really morbid and creepy??

ETA: he's 2.5 yrs old

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

bump

RLT2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this

No, not crazy. But you're making the rest of us look bad....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No it's nice.
Deshonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I get your reasoning behind it I don't think so you are just trying to look out for your DS in the event you can no longer be there for him physically.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Sorry!! lol how?

Quoting RLT2:

No, not crazy. But you're making the rest of us look bad....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it.
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I think its good that you do this. We never know what tomorrow holds....Its never a bad thing to be prepared. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't think it is Morbid or Creepy.......You are just planning ahead for the unexpected....in case it does occur

knoxmomof2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No, and it will still make a great keepsake when he grows up, even if you're still alive. I did a calendar for DS's first year and DH got me a "Mommy Journal" the 1 st Mothers Day after DD was born. I used it religiously b/c I know how much I enjoyed my baby book, and I knew that with 2 kids a year apart, I would forget a lot. Unfortunately, we lost them both in an apartment fire 5 years ago :( I tried to recreate their baby books as well, but again, there's so much you forget.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I think DH looks at it as I'm planning for my death as if it's all I think about but in honesty I just want him taken care of and kept as comfortable as possible.

Quoting Sassy762:

I don't think it is Morbid or Creepy.......You are just planning ahead for the unexpected....in case it does occur

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)