Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Night shift husband

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband works a night shift. He leaves right after we put our kids to sleep and gets home right before they get up. So he has to sleep during the day. Our kids are 1 and 4 and they are terrible about letting him sleep. They whine about getting him up and are horribly loud all day. I feel bad because I know it's hard for him to get any sleep. We live in a smaller one story house so them being noisy really is a problem. Any ideas on how to get them to understand they need to quite down and let him sleep?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-11):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
When I was little my dad always worked the night shift. He had ear plugs, black out curtains, and an air purifier in the room to help with constant white noise. Try to schedule activities with your kids if you can so that they (more so the older child) know what to expect for the day, and have something to keep busy. I think with the kids being so young they aren't really going to understand having to be quiet all day long so you will have to make up for that in other ways until they older. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN