Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which pain reliever rids your headache or toothache pain quicker?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My head is throbbing
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Quoting svolkov:

jinx

Quoting mich.el.le:

I would start with clove oil and ibuprofen.  Good luck! :(

Completely ot-but I love your avi. If you ever get rid of that pic I will be very sad. lol :)

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Well you need to get to your dentist to rule out infection for 1 because a tooth infection can become deadly and you will feel 100% once you get antibiotics for your tooth ache.

For 2 a combo of Motrin and Tylenol or just excedrin does well for tooth aches. The problem if it is a infection. The pain will increase and no meds will even touch the pain.

Feel better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I've had a lot of toothaches early last year. At first the pain would be too bad for anything to work. But once I was able to get it under control, where it wasn't EXCRUCIATINGLY bad. I was able to take 2 ibuprofen and 2 off brand "PM Pain Relievers".

My husband has headaches quite often, usually ibuprofen or excedrin helps him. But sometimes nothing helps and he has it for a few days.

When I've got headaches (when it isn't from caffeine or nicotine withdrawal) I turn off everything that's electric in the room and cover my head up and take a nap. Usually it works for me.

caito
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Ibuprofen, hands down forever and always. Tylenol helps sometimes, but ibuprofen is my go-to medicine.

LilrockerMama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Same here. I got to where I was taking a ton of inuprofen a day though plus excedrin migrain. Bleh

Quoting MDStepMomma2:

Well before I got a migraine meds... I would use ibuprofen.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

lol thank you. i have thought about it since my dd is now almost 1 lol but im too lazy

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting svolkov:

jinx

Quoting mich.el.le:

Completely ot-but I love your avi. If you ever get rid of that pic I will be very sad. lol :)

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Pressure points
We almost never use pain meds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

normally take IBprofen for headache and toothache... unless my tooth is just absolutely killing me to where ibprofen wont touch it..... then i go to the dentist!

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting svolkov:

lol thank you. i have thought about it since my dd is now almost 1 lol but im too lazy

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting svolkov:

jinx

Quoting mich.el.le:

Nooo! Don't do it! lol I love well done maternity pics.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Very true. One of my toothaches ended up being from an infection. I don't have the money to get it pulled and can't get help because we "make too much" 5 people in one house, 3 with jobs (soon to be 2 because I'm losing too much weight at work), $1,000 house bill, plus all the other utilities and food. I also wish to add that my husband and I pay 300 a month for a room. But even though my family struggles, we make too much money to get any medical help, that we honestly can't afford.

Anyways, back to my story. I had a tooth infection in August 2012 and it ended up spreading... I woke up around 5 or 5:30 in the morning one day to find that my ear was bleeding... Went to the ER and I had a ruptured ear drum caused by the infection. So whatever you do, if you have a toothache, don't take it lightly.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Well you need to get to your dentist to rule out infection for 1 because a tooth infection can become deadly and you will feel 100% once you get antibiotics for your tooth ache.

For 2 a combo of Motrin and Tylenol or just excedrin does well for tooth aches. The problem if it is a infection. The pain will increase and no meds will even touch the pain.

Feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN