Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help. How would you feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

So, for the past two weeks anytime my husband is around and the commercial for the movie Safe Haven comes on he makes a random comment about Julianne Hough.  Last night, he made a comment again, finally I was like okay sweetie, I get it.  You think she is attractive.  He also made a comment last week when Gwen Stafani came on tv for something, about how he had used to have a crush on her.

Obviously, I look nothing like that,  His type seems to be tall, skinny, blondes.  I am 5'4, 150lbs, dark hair, dark complexion.  I have a seriously low self esteem to begin with, always have even when I wore a size 2.  This morning I was playing with the kids and something hit, I started to cry and beat myself up about being disgusting.  Granted I thought that before all this but it was like reinforced. 

How would you feel?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I will be back on in a little bit.  Intrested to see the responses.  

Quoting Anonymous:

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I use to have low self esteem and when my husband would do that, it would hurt a lot.
Through a lot of therapy, time and honest and open discussion with my husband, I'm learning to love myself. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, but if it ever gets to be too much, I just say "okay, you can stop that now." And he understands. Building self-worth takes a while, but I'm getting there.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it would bother me personally. He may have a type but he put a ring on your finger so that's saying alot :-)

**Learn to love yourself. No one will do a better job of that than you!**

Feel better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
You need more.self confidence. I wouldn't be hurt by it at all.
momsince04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
If you feel that bad about it, why not try to change it? It's your own fault for letting yourself go, so only you can fix it. Feeling sorry for yourself will not help anything. My husband talks about the Hirt woman on tv all the time, yes it gets annoying but it's not a big deal.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this

He is an ASS.....especially if he know this bothers you.....smdh

Start doing what he does when a Handsome Drop Dead Kiss MY Grits Gorgeous  Man that is the complete opposite in the "Looks Department" of your DH is on TV or better yet out in public, lol

Mommyandme878
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Ok, first of all... ALL men have the taste for a tall, skinny, blonde. But like my DF tells me.. He is with YOU for a reason. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. You are you. And if he's with you then he loves you for that. Head up mama!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I think youare overreacting, I'm sue you find some actors attractive. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you sho uld let him know how much it  b ugs you. the pr oblem is yours not his. its your self esteem that is the issue. tell him so he can help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)