Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

VENT my boss is having a hard time paying me on time.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I am a nanny and I get paid every Friday morning.....until the parents divorced and they were both responsible for half my pay. Now I get paid Friday afternoon or evening or the following Monday...

I finally had enough and sent a polite email to the mom and explained that I needed my paycheck Friday morning like I had been getting for 4 years and she assured me they would do that and apologized for the crap her ex husband was doing (it was always him that didn't pay me on time)

They kept their word for 8 months or so and occasionally dad would forget but he would bring the money right back to me so I didn't mind.

Today he forgot again and mom boss said she would take care of it. She sent me a text that said he would bring me the money when he came to eat lunch with the oldest at school...that's noon and I expect my money at 8 am though If he brings it by 9 I don't get upset.

I have a lot of errands to run for my boss and myself today along with taking the youngest to class and one of my errands was to the bank so I can pay bills.

So I felt like an idiot but I told mom that we would have to stay at the house instead of going to class because I didn't have the gas to run to class and then back to the house to pick up the money and back to the bank. It wasnt true but I don't like wasting gas and having to do things like that would add an extra 20 miles to my tank which I feel is ridiculous.

I knew they wouldn't let that happen and he is now bringing my money but it irritates me that I had to do that just to get them to pay me on time.

I don't want to quit but if this continues I'm going to have to find a job with a steady income. I can't have him paying me just whenever he wants. I have bills and I deserve to be paid on time every time, not just when it's convenient for him.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Bump
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
As long as they pay by the end of your shift Friday, I don't think that's unreasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Agreed.

Quoting Litlmama87:

As long as they pay by the end of your shift Friday, I don't think that's unreasonable.
RMC007
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I would tell them you really need to be paid in one payment on Friday mornings. It shouldn't be your job to hunt down two different people in order to get paid. They should be responsible for each paying their own half, putting it in an envelope and handing it to you all at once. No day care would allow Mom to pay half and the other parent to pay half later that week. They want one payment, all at one time.

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I agree too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Agreed.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
As a nanny the parents were awful paying me on time as well, for me, it wasn't a huge issue because I was making bank and knew their habits, but that was me - just throwing it out, that I think it is common.

Could they pay you electronically? Would that be easier for them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Umm I get paid on thursdays, there is no time stipulation. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

If its causing you a problem, tell them you can not work until you get paid

melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Too early for this nonsense!!  As long as they pay by the end of the shift I don't see the big deal!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

If they don't pay you on friday, I see the problem. Otherwise I don't think it's a big deal for them to pay you at the end of the day. I know it sucks not getting paid though, one summer my husband had several paychecks bounce, it was really frustrating. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)