Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dh and i have reverse body dismorphia.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

not sure how to spell it, you know when a thin person thinks they are fat? well we are both overweight, but we feel great about ourselves, in our heads we see us as a small size, i still feel like im a size 0-but then i look in the mirror and im honestly suprised, i still think i look good tho. lol is that weird?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Da faqu u say?
kidlover2
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Whatever floats your boat
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I have that.  Sort of.  I don't feel like a size 0, but I don't feel fat.  And I am.  I really really am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Probably a coping mechanism to handle your deep seeded insecurities, poor health or shortcomings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

LOL, no, neither of us are insecure. we are incredibly confident. Guess people just cant handle that fat people can be secure in themselves huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably a coping mechanism to handle your deep seeded insecurities, poor health or shortcomings.

caito
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You need to get help immediately. Body dysmorphic disorder is a serious mental problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

lol its weird. we are both in the process of trying to lose weight, i've lost 40 pounds so far, and hes lost 150! (he is a lot larger than me and has a lot more to lose and i just had a baby.)

Quoting ErikaRobin:

I have that.  Sort of.  I don't feel like a size 0, but I don't feel fat.  And I am.  I really really am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

i dont know if we REALLY have it, i just couldnt find another way to describe what its like. 

Quoting caito:

You need to get help immediately. Body dysmorphic disorder is a serious mental problem.

potgieter
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Im the opposite, I am a size 4 but feel like a size 14... Funny enough though, when I was bigger, I felt like I was skinny and looked good... 

If you are overweight and look good, good for you. But it really isnt healthy. Work out and eat well to be healthy, not neccesarily to loose weight. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I think I do too. I think it's called denial though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)