Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to kill everyone

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 20 Replies
Maybe not literally. But these fucking withdrawls are BAD this time. Normally I can handle them pretty well. But not this time. It doesn't help dh isnt being supportive and we live with mil and fil and they both smoke (not inside the house but still). I'm trying to think about the benefits, but I don't know if I can do this right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I really recommend the nicotine replacement small lozengers. They work very well. You can buy them at walmart. They are the small mints. Here you can buy a box of 3 containers for 38.00 or 1 container for almost 12.00 and they help out so much. And they relieve in a matter of a couple of minutes. Success with quitting is getting  some help with winging you off and replacing those bad habits with good habits as you wing off. I used nicotine mints and I used gum and I still use certs to suck on when I get the urge but don't need the nicotine anymore.

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I think I might try it. I need something since I'm apparently doing this with no support. Thanks

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I really recommend the nicotine replacement small lozengers. They work very well. You can buy them at walmart. They are the small mints. Here you can buy a box of 3 containers for 38.00 or 1 container for almost 12.00 and they help out so much. And they relieve in a matter of a couple of minutes. Success with quitting is getting  some help with winging you off and replacing those bad habits with good habits as you wing off. I used nicotine mints and I used gum and I still use certs to suck on when I get the urge but don't need the nicotine anymore.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My mom gets the same way when she tries to quit. We've been butting heads SO BAD lately. She's quitting now "for good." Yeah, I'll believe that when it happens... but her quitting and me being pregnant and hormonal... it's dangerous. It's nice your husband is supportive and I hope you quit for good =)

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
He isn't being supportive. He's being a douche bag lol. Everyone in both families basically smoke except dh and my grandpa. It's very difficult.

Quoting EvilAsh:

My mom gets the same way when she tries to quit. We've been butting heads SO BAD lately. She's quitting now "for good." Yeah, I'll believe that when it happens... but her quitting and me being pregnant and hormonal... it's dangerous. It's nice your husband is supportive and I hope you quit for good =)

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I have no a advice but I encourage you to keep up the good work!
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Oh goodness. Wishing you the best of luch to you and mom. :O)

Quoting EvilAsh:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

lga1965
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
When I quit 9 years ago,I felt very sleepy because nicotine is a stimulant and when there is none,you slow down. I was not crabby though. I smoked for 35 years. It's hard but it's worth it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I quit after smoking 15 yrs...you can do it, it will get easier.
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I have no a advice but I encourage you to keep up the good work!
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Oh! sorry!! Read it wrong lol. My kids are screaming and running o.O Oyyy..

My husband smoked for a while before we met and he had the same problems. EVERYONE smoked. Then we started hanging out more and more and I didn't and it was a lot easier for him. I hope they smarten up =(

Quoting wilesmomma:

He isn't being supportive. He's being a douche bag lol. Everyone in both families basically smoke except dh and my grandpa. It's very difficult.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN