Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can someone explain exactly why the mom who put her kid on a diet is getting all this backlash?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
From what I've heard her 7 year old was obese. She weighed 93lbs. So her mom put her on a diet when everything else failed. The girl is now at a healthy weight.

Am I missing something?

The people on Anderson cooper are ripping this woman apart for it.

I think this story went viral.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Replies (31-31):
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM

on dr phil she got really snippy when they brought up how she didnt allow her kid to eat as much fruit as the kid wanted.   and finally she just let the kid eat all the fruit she could.   then the kid was in pain from it and learned for herself that eating too much hurts and basically stopped over eating.    but they were saying no kid should go to bed hungry = ya da ya da and she was rude in response - but i do know what you mean - she has every right to be defensive.

my neighbors son had to do something like this but they just pushed him to eat steamed veg before meals and kept track of his eating.   he was unaware that the family was changing because of his weight issues.    i think it was good for him/  he is healthy now.  

Quoting Anonymous:

She is on Anderson cooper and she seems perfectly OK to me.

I would come across as a bitch tooif I had bitches down my throat

Quoting AmaliaD:

have you seen her talk about it?    she was on some daytime show - dr phil most likely if i was home to see it.   she is a total b.    she is completely cold about the subject.   she didnt let her dd learn from her mistakes and did many things i found emotionally abusive.    the fact of the matter is - the person happens to be a really mean person who comes off as cold and uncaring.    vane and shallow - its not just the diet - its the particular lady -  see if you can youtube her interviews and you will see what i mean.   diets are fine.   getting kids healthy is great.  but she is a b.  just because she behaves that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)