Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think the world will be like when your kid is an adult?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I think the job market is going to be wide open for my kids. They will be able to choose anything they want to do and find a job anywhere they want to. With the majority of kids today being some kind of special needs, I see there being a drastic drop in employable people in 10, 15-20 years. I'm not trying to be hateful, I just feel like it's the honest truth. Universities are not going to make the accommodations for autistic, adhd, add, odd, spd kids the way that the public school system does. Maybe they would if if were just a few students here and there but when it's 75% of the entering class? I don't see it happening. And employers definitely are not going to make those accommodations. Work is for working and if you can't handle that like everyone else then you're out of luck. If you come in as an entry level employee expecting your own sound proof room because of your sensory issues you are going to be laughed out of the building.

It won't just be the influx of special needs kids turning into special needs adults though. It will be the children of the entitle minded parents as well. The children who have always gotten a trophy for everything they participated in. The ones who didn't have to do chores and had a short order cook instead of a mother. The ones who got a seven year old peer arrested for calling them fat. (if this hasn't happened yet, I'm sure it will) They will probably try to move out of their parents homes but within a year or two will have moved back in. "My professor is so mean mom, he gave me an F because I didn't turn in my assignment!", "I got fired from my restaurant job because they boss wouldn't let me go to the beach. What the hell?" They certainly won't be able to cook or clean up after themselves. And employers aren't going to put up with this nonsense either. Your special snowflake will be asked to gather his belongings and leave when he falls to the ground sobbing because his supervisor tells him he needs some improvement.

Oh and I also see everyone being permanently attached to some sort of personal computer device that just pumps the information of their choosing directly into their brain.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Too much reading?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN