Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do they deserve a baby shower

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
This is an issue at my workplace that I find ridiculous. One woman is adopting a newborn. Another is pregnant with ivf twins? Several refuse to attend the baby showers because these women are not naturally conceiving and giving birth to their own natural child so they aren't "really moms" and took the easy way out instead of the natural way. How do you feel about this? I think they're crazy bitches!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
17 moms liked this
A baby shower is to celebrate bringing a new baby into the family, they are doing that, so yes, they deserve a baby shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emilytrademark
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Of course they deserve a baby shower, if they want one. Those who disagree are being incredibly childish.

BabyFruit Ticker
angelmj
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Um are they going to raise the children? Sounds like a mom to me, IVF just because they needed help to get pregnant she is still going to give birth and raise a kid. And the adopting woman is an amazing person for giving a needy child a home. People are so uptight about rescuing animals why not adopt needy children? I think she deserves respect for that. 

Two_Hearts
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Of course they DESERVE a baby shower! 

Seriously , is everyone that nit picky in the world today??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Yes many are

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Of course they DESERVE a baby shower! 

Seriously , is everyone that nit picky in the world today??

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
5 moms liked this
Every baby deserves to be celebrated, regardless of how they came into the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDWife12
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

wow, I wouldn't want those bitches at my baby shower anyway. It shouldn't matter HOW or IF the child was conceived, all that matters is there is a child who has been brought or is going to be brough into this world and they deserve to be celebrated! People are crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I am not sure that anyone DESERVES a baby shower, but I see no issue with them having one. Baby showers are meant to celebrate a new baby. No matter what method was used to have a baby, it is still a baby, and they are still new parents.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

this is an example of crazy stupidity at its best.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kiddycat73:

Every baby deserves to be celebrated, regardless of how they came into the world.

A baby shower is for things for the BABY!!!!! No matter how it got here.. Sounds like some ignorant women to me....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)