Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you better

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you feel that you're better than women who are infertile, adopted or used fertility treatments because you got pregnant naturally?

I'm infertile and get bashed by my fertile friends for being an infertile stepmom
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

no

do11face
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

What? no, of course not!

That's crazy talk.

I'm sorry your family and friends are jerks. I have never heard of anyone treating another women badly because they can't have children. What terrible people.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
absolutely not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Why are you friends with insensitive self centered jerks?  No person with an ounce of empathy would ever bash someone for a medical condition.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Nope. We tried for 15+ years to have a child. Spent thousands of dollars and just gave up. Finally after being married for 19 years I found out I was pregnant. I've been where you're at. Sorry your friends are asshats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

No...lol.  I don't consider the ability to reproduce to be anything brag worthy. 

Just look at the POS people out there with their welfare rat litters.  Why would that be anything to be proud of?  It took no effort on their part other than spreading their legs and laying there. 

And if you are being bashed by your friends, you need to find new ones because these people are not really "friends". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM
No, that is like feeling better than someone with cancer. Infertility is a disease, and could happen to anyone
PlaysAllDay
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
No, it's stupid to bash someone over it. I had a lot of fertility issues. I get bashed (only on here) because I had so many MC's. If my friends did it I would find new friends.
Moe1521
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
It sounds like those people aren't really friends at all. I understand how you feel. I have a friend who is infertile and really wants children. I think she would make a wonderful mother. On the other hand, I know several people who have had children who should have never been able to have them! They are horrible people and even worse parents. I'm sorry so many people try to get to you. NO ONE is better than you just because of that. We're all equals IMO, and I hope you can cope with this. And you can love your step children just as much as a "natural" mother could love her children, if that makes sense. Sorry you're having a rough time. No one is better than you! Keep your chin up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Happens all the time

Quoting piratehooker:

I doubt you are realty bashed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN