Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you better

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you feel that you're better than women who are infertile, adopted or used fertility treatments because you got pregnant naturally?

I'm infertile and get bashed by my fertile friends for being an infertile stepmom
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
You need new friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM

You shouldn't be calling her a friend. She's not a real friend. Kick her to the curb!

mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

But to answer your question, no I don't. ;)

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

You shouldn't be calling her a friend. She's not a real friend. Kick her to the curb!

kgsharber
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I wouldn't call those people "friends".

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Really? I went through infertility issues for years. Some people say the dumbest and most hateful things. I was told my inability to have kids meant God did not think I would be a good parent. Others repeatedly said I just needed to get a bottle of wine and have a good fuck. The list of what insensitive people say goes on and on. What makes it even worse is that if you are going through infertility treatment, your hormones put you on edge due to all of the meds. Some even rub it in every month when they have a pregnancy scare and a pregnancy would "ruin" their lives. 

Quoting piratehooker:

I doubt you are realty bashed.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

You need new friends !

Just tell them you are immune to baby rabies. Haha. My friend who is infertile says that. I think she is awesomesauce. I am not better or worse than any other woman. I have a mix of biological and adopted children so where do I land? In awesomeland right with you. 

Momyplease
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM
that's horrible. to be able to have children don't make anyone a better person. they just had a better reproductions system biologically. they shouldn't bash you because god can take away his gift just as easy as he gave it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you feel that you're better than women who are infertile, adopted or used fertility treatments because you got pregnant naturally?

I'm infertile and get bashed by my fertile friends for being an infertile stepmom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I know someone who actually does that. "I can't have another baby! I hate the three I have now!" knowing full well I'm swallowing pills left and right to conceive and she took her IUD out because trying to get pregnant by her dead beat boyfriend.

The drunk thing was said to me and the just relax it will happen has been thrown at me more times than I can count. Those fertility drugs really do send you over the edge emotionally and when you go through a bust cycle (no positive pregnancy test) that's when someone announces their fourth or fifth oops pregnancy. Grrr...

Quoting tossed:

Really? I went through infertility issues for years. Some people say the dumbest and most hateful things. I was told my inability to have kids meant God did not think I would be a good parent. Others repeatedly said I just needed to get a bottle of wine and have a good fuck. The list of what insensitive people say goes on and on. What makes it even worse is that if you are going through infertility treatment, your hormones put you on edge due to all of the meds. Some even rub it in every month when they have a pregnancy scare and a pregnancy would "ruin" their lives. 

Quoting piratehooker:

I doubt you are realty bashed.

Kennadismom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Hell no. What kind of person says that?! I could never imagine saying those things. I actually get really pissed when I hear women who are pregnant bitch about every last thing because I know there are so many women who would kill for morning sickness....I mean everyone has crappy days and needs yo vent but I try to be respectful of how other people may feel too
Momyplease
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
that's horrible. to be able to have children don't make anyone a better person. they just had a better reproductions system biologically. they shouldn't bash you because god can take away his gift just as easy as he gave it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured