Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you better

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you feel that you're better than women who are infertile, adopted or used fertility treatments because you got pregnant naturally?

I'm infertile and get bashed by my fertile friends for being an infertile stepmom
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Replies (51-55):
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM

No that is absolutely horrible to "look down on" someone for something they have absolutely no control over...especially something as heart breaking a infertility.

If you have to go beyond the "natural" means to have a child and it's successful then that is great for you and nobody place to judge you for that just because you need help to achieve something that comes easier to them

Josie_P
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Of course not. My son is adopted anyways.

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
That's awful. You need to get rid of those friends.
I would never look down on someone for that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piratehooker
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so insensitive. I can't believe people really think that way. That's simply awful.

Quoting tossed:

Really? I went through infertility issues for years. Some people say the dumbest and most hateful things. I was told my inability to have kids meant God did not think I would be a good parent. Others repeatedly said I just needed to get a bottle of wine and have a good fuck. The list of what insensitive people say goes on and on. What makes it even worse is that if you are going through infertility treatment, your hormones put you on edge due to all of the meds. Some even rub it in every month when they have a pregnancy scare and a pregnancy would "ruin" their lives. 

Quoting piratehooker:

I doubt you are realty bashed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Thank you. I understand that it is hard to believe others say such stupid things when those thoughts would never enter our minds. I was ultimately blessed with 2 sons. Infertility is a horrible and lonely experience and when you are going through it, timing is against you because most of your friends are getting pregnant. You want to be happy for them and they are afraid to be around you. it is not uncommon for couples going through this to lose friends. I almost lost my bff, mother of 4, during that time. It was hard for her to go through the roller coaster with me. Others just don't understand that getting pregnant is not a matter of having sex...it is monitoring all sorts of hormones, ultrasounds up to 10x in a month, pills, injections, hopes, dreams, disappointment. My body which was already in pain was made worse. My doctor warned me that due to my medical conditions it could happen. I rarely produced viable eggs and instead had cysts the size of oranges or grapefruit each month. It has been over 20 years and the hurtful comments still haunt me. You don't sound insensitive at all.

Quoting piratehooker:

I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so insensitive. I can't believe people really think that way. That's simply awful.

Quoting tossed:

Really? I went through infertility issues for years. Some people say the dumbest and most hateful things. I was told my inability to have kids meant God did not think I would be a good parent. Others repeatedly said I just needed to get a bottle of wine and have a good fuck. The list of what insensitive people say goes on and on. What makes it even worse is that if you are going through infertility treatment, your hormones put you on edge due to all of the meds. Some even rub it in every month when they have a pregnancy scare and a pregnancy would "ruin" their lives. 

Quoting piratehooker:

I doubt you are realty bashed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)