Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Got my foodstamps today!!! more info added

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I cant wait to go shopping. For dinner tonight I want to make bacon cheddar omelets with home fries and toast. I have wanted this for a week.  

such small things make a pregnant women happy lol.

wow to many replies to answer all of them so ill do my best here.but for the record i do not feel i need to justify anything to anyone and this post was meant to be about EGGS!

No i will not give up my baby just because I get FS!

I have gotten fs sense i was forced into quitting my job when i was 20weeks with my last son who is now 18m

This was not a planned baby but still very loved and wanted (as all children should be)

My dh works and works hard. he is always looking for a better job

Before i was expecting again i had started working again and will mostly work over the summer while still pregnant. i have nothing against working and make great money when i work and we are not on fs when i work. just good jobs are hard to come by so i take what i can get.

I cloth diaper because i have them already. i bought them with my own money (some where gifts). i do not get my water or light bill payed for me.

I do think that I am a good person unlike some of the ladies here that need to kick people when they are down from behind the anonymous button. I am always nice to people when i use my sn or not! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there a PA program that helps with diapers now too?

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

That kind of worries me too, if you can't come up with $10, how are you going to buy diapers?

Quoting ulvulrn:

You had to wait a week for less than $10 worth of food? How sad. :(

She's not, we are.

TANF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I got pregnant on purpose while being on foodstamps and Medicaid :)
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

What's hateful about her comment? It IS sad that a pregnant woman cannot whip herself up an omlet until her fs come in. How is that NOT sad??

Quoting dollface929:

Quit being a hateful bitch

Quoting ulvulrn:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
4 moms liked this

i have a ton of cloth diapers! just because im on fs does not mean you will buy my baby diapers.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

That kind of worries me too, if you can't come up with $10, how are you going to buy diapers?

Quoting ulvulrn:

She's not, we are.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I got pregnant on purpose while being on foodstamps and Medicaid :)

What fabulous character and integrity, ANON.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
3 moms liked this

lol

yes all of us that were EVER on food stamps CHOSE that life. 

Crap happens. We were on FS for about 3 months. We no longer are on them but I surely didn't want to be on them. I am thankful they were there when we needed them for that short amount of time. I am so thankful though that we got off them & are getting our life back on track. Things are finally looking up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Very thankful I was smart enough not to choose a life like this.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

How are you going to afford diapers if you cannot afford eggs?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

you do realize not everyone on FS gets other help too, right?  We were on FS for a few months & that was ALL the help we asked for & got. We paid for everything else, including diapers.  

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ulvulrn:

She's not, we are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Ok, if you can't come up with $10, what are you going to do when your baby is sick and needs meds? (over the counter meds, I assume you are also on medicaid so that would cover prescription meds). What about all the little things that babies need, are you going to make your baby wait until you come into the money? Do you have a plan to get off of PA? If not, I think you should consider adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

i have a ton of cloth diapers! just because im on fs does not mean you will buy my baby diapers.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ulvulrn:

She's not, we are.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

& can i have some of your omelet? lol. i love to cook but my omelets always. . .i dunno. turn into scrambled eggs *sigh*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)