Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cook every night?? *Edit with menu*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just realizing how much of a pain in the @ss it is to have to cook a full meal every night. lol I know, that sounds ridiculous! I think this is the first time I've ever cooked a full, big meal every night for more than a few days and I'm SO ready for a break and it's only been 8 or 9 days. :/ I got the night off from having to cook and you better believe I'm taking it! lol 

Do you cook a full meal every night? I'm talking homemade, meat, veggies and maybe a carb.

Night 1: Roast chicken, candied carrots and steamed broccoli, baked potato
2: Bbq chicken sandwich or black bean burger, sweet potato, roasted asparagus
3: Grilled venison steak, large salad
4: Orange roughy, sauteed zucchini, rice
5: Fish (not left over, gross), rice, salad
6: stuffed chicken, spaghetti, home made sauce, broccoli
7: Steak, mashed potatoes, sauteed summer squash
8: Cashew stir fry, brown rice 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (311-314):
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try it again, it's been a long time ago, I have no clue what recipe she used, lol

Quoting svolkov:

Its delicious. I got the recipe from my mil who is russian. Maybe ur mom didnt make it right lol

Quoting circle_of_life:

Oh god my mom made borscht once when I was a kid and I will never forget the horridness of it, lol! I have never had it since so I don't know if hers was just gross and it can be good or what, but OMG that stuff was nasty! And I'm not usually a picky eater!

Quoting svolkov:

this week i have

roast chicken, homemade tomato basil soup, cauliflower(tonight)

chicken salad sandwhiches and homemade french onion soup

swedish meatballs and salad

borscht

fish with mango salsa, black beans, and asparagus

chicken kabobs with pineapple,tomatoes, and g peppers, basmati rice, and left over soup

spinach and mushroom pasta with salad

for lunch we eat left overs or sometimes i will make a homemade pizza)i make a TON of dough and put it in baggiesin the fridge...i have like a d ozen in their right now lol

i will also do cheese/veggie/meat quasadillas for lunch

usually eggs, steel cut oats, cream of wheat or pancakes for breakfast

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Ill have to watch next time. She more of showed me how . I know its beets, onion, beans, potatoes, broth, a few spices I cant think of lol bay leaf, dill, carrots and cabbage. Ill oay more attn next time. Pm me oh and beef

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Quoting svolkov:

Its delicious. I got the recipe from my mil who is russian. Maybe ur mom didnt make it right lol

Quoting circle_of_life:

Oh god my mom made borscht once when I was a kid and I will never forget the horridness of it, lol! I have never had it since so I don't know if hers was just gross and it can be good or what, but OMG that stuff was nasty! And I'm not usually a picky eater!

Quoting svolkov:

this week i have

roast chicken, homemade tomato basil soup, cauliflower(tonight)

chicken salad sandwhiches and homemade french onion soup

swedish meatballs and salad

borscht

fish with mango salsa, black beans, and asparagus

chicken kabobs with pineapple,tomatoes, and g peppers, basmati rice, and left over soup

spinach and mushroom pasta with salad

for lunch we eat left overs or sometimes i will make a homemade pizza)i make a TON of dough and put it in baggiesin the fridge...i have like a d ozen in their right now lol

i will also do cheese/veggie/meat quasadillas for lunch

usually eggs, steel cut oats, cream of wheat or pancakes for breakfast

Please please please PM me your recipe!!  I had borscht one time made by a Russian lady and I LOVED it.  I don't know anyone who would have an authentic recipe.  I would love to have yours.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Quoting LDennany:

What is borscht?

It is a traditional Russian beet soup.  I know, sounds gross but I loved it.  Very good.

LDennany
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I've never had beets so I can't tell you if it sounds gross. ;). Sounds interesting.

Quoting Dabberdoo:

Quoting LDennany:

What is borscht?

It is a traditional Russian beet soup.  I know, sounds gross but I loved it.  Very good.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured