Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you cook every night?? *Edit with menu*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just realizing how much of a pain in the @ss it is to have to cook a full meal every night. lol I know, that sounds ridiculous! I think this is the first time I've ever cooked a full, big meal every night for more than a few days and I'm SO ready for a break and it's only been 8 or 9 days. :/ I got the night off from having to cook and you better believe I'm taking it! lol 

Do you cook a full meal every night? I'm talking homemade, meat, veggies and maybe a carb.

Night 1: Roast chicken, candied carrots and steamed broccoli, baked potato
2: Bbq chicken sandwich or black bean burger, sweet potato, roasted asparagus
3: Grilled venison steak, large salad
4: Orange roughy, sauteed zucchini, rice
5: Fish (not left over, gross), rice, salad
6: stuffed chicken, spaghetti, home made sauce, broccoli
7: Steak, mashed potatoes, sauteed summer squash
8: Cashew stir fry, brown rice 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
potgieter
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I cook during the week and most weekend. Sometimes on weekends we will go out so I only have to make 1 meal instead of two. 

During the week I also cook breakfast ( bacon and eggs etc) and make lunch for dh. 

Im pregnant now though so Im having a hard time cooking - dh has been wonderful about it and has helped cooking 2 or 3 times a week. 

godsgirl26
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Yes, well my husband does all the cooking. He takes days off from cooking also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
britmichele
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Heck no! :)
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I do, but I have some tricks to make it easier. I make and freeze meals when I have time. When I make stocks or sauces, I make big batches and freeze them in Ziploc bags to grab them for a quick meal. I use my slow cooker, so I just put everything in the morning and it cooks by itself and is ready for dinner, and I do use leftovers.
I personally love cooking, it's not only what I do for a living, it's my therapy and escape.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

i cook full meals every night for my family but then again i love to cook and create new things on the stove i cant image a day without cooking its a fun hobby i like to do.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Yes I do. Unless DH is in the field or something and it's just me and the kids. I still cook I just don't go all out. 

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM

We eat a home cooked meal almost every night.

CafeMom Tickers
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I cook a meal from scratch every night(breakfast and lunch too, I try to have a hot option available)... every now and then we will go out for dinner, but not often as most of the restaurants here are crap.

I love to cook so its not a hassle for me at all.

ETA I do keep several homemade meals in the freezer that I can pull out if something arises that I cant or dont want to cook one night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to cook a lot!  Large gourmet meals with several sides, everything from scratch, etc.  Now the kids are old enough to cook for themselves so they cook on some nights and we do take-out once or twice a week (pizza, chinese food, etc.)

Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Unless we have plans yes I cook every night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)