Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex wants to do 50/50 custody so that he can get more foodstamps

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

That's right. He is with his wife who has 3 kids of her own and doesn't work, they have one together and she is pregnant again. He makes OK money but not much at all, it's to the point that the CS I get based on his income is not much to me but it would screw them over so I just let him keep the money.

Now he is saying he wants to do 50/50 why, because then he will be able to get foodstamps for her! I guess he is thinking that I would still buy all her clothes and things if we did 50/50 because I can't imagine that one more person would give them that much more food.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
7 moms liked this

That's a great reason to want your kids more.

Said no one ever.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Ridiculous 

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

No way! You know that's not right so don't do it! How rude of them to use their chikdren like that!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say no. 50/50 custody should be because he has a need and desire to be more involved with his child's life, and that the custody would be in the best interest for the child. It shouldn't be to get more foodstamps. I would find that to be an insult to my child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Oh I have no plan to I was just shocked that he would do that. What kind of a person tries to make a child live half the time in a home with 7 other people just to get a little more in PA?

Quoting Cristie0911:

No way! You know that's not right so don't do it! How rude of them to use their cider like that!

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

What a fucking loser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I think that if you are on PA, you shouldn't be able to get MORE time with your child unless it is unsafe for the child to stay with the parent they are with at the time. If you can't provide for the children in your care, you don't need more children in your care

Quoting km1970:

I would say no. 50/50 custody should be because he has a need and desire to be more involved with his child's life, and that the custody would be in the best interest for the child. It shouldn't be to get more foodstamps. I would find that to be an insult to my child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Should all the parents on PA get less time with their kids?  If they aren't divorced, where will the kids go?

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally, I think that if you are on PA, you shouldn't be able to get MORE time with your child unless it is unsafe for the child to stay with the parent they are with at the time. If you can't provide for the children in your care, you don't need more children in your care

Quoting km1970:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

If you let him slide on cs he is just going to keep having more kids or find ways to scam the system like he just asked you too. Make him responsible and have him pay the cs.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

My dh would probably agree with you. Then again he thinks all children whose parents cannot provide for them should be put in state run homes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting km1970:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured