Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A note from the teacher...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Please stop raising your children to be so damn disrespectful. 

They have so much potential, but yet, their sense of entitlement and complete and total lack of respect for those in positions of authority will condemn them to failure.

Stop being their friends, and start parenting, so that your kids actually have a shot at success in adulthood.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (31-32):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have 15 teenagers just like you described.  Except 6 of them have been arrested, so I really only have to deal with 9 others. 

And by that, I mean 4.  Because the other 5 haven't been showing up.  I'm okay with that.

And I teach a total of 190 students in a day, so I realize that 15 knuckleheads really isn't too bad if that means I have 175 precious angels.  But those 15 (or 4) really ruin it for everyone else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like something my teacher would have told my parents about me. I was a bad kid. No punishment worked. Really nothing. They would spank and I even got the belt a couple times, I wouldn't cry I would wait till they were done then look at them and say, that didn't hurt one bit! Time outs, they would lock me in my room and I would lay on the floor in front of my door and kick the crap out of it. They washed my mouth out with soap and I invited my friends to watch and then told my parents thanks cause it made the milk I had with my dinner taste better, I hated milk. They would take my things away and I would just pick on my sisters instead. Oh I was sooo bad. But when I turned 13 that was it. I went to being the good one. My kid is the total opposite of me as a kid. My mom was hoping for payback but nope. Can't count how many times I heard I hope your kid turns out just like you. As a mother I seriously wonder how it is that I am still alive. Really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Idk...some parents need that note. But some ate really doing the best they can with a kid who forever fights authority. I am the latter and I WILL follow up with discipline at home and support you to my kids face. Even if I disagree with you I will support you. It really would be nice that if I email you with questions and concerns you take 2 minutes of your time to respond with a simple: got your email. I agree. I disagree. Lets discuss this. Whatever, just answer so I know you arent ignoring me. And thats my vent....

Quoting Anonymous:

I am the teacher. 

It's more or less a ranting PSA.  I don't really have the balls to say that to parents.  I like my job.  And my face.

Quoting ColieO:

Right. I'm sure a teacher sent that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN