Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you make time to work out?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 42 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I want to know how you busy moms make time to work out! I am overwhelmed lately with all that I am doing right now. I wake up at 6am, make breakfast, get SO and dd off to work and school. I leave to go to work from 9am-5pm. I come home exhausted and make dinner. After that it's bedtime routine for dd and then I start my online homework (working on a post-bacc right now and applying to grad school) until bedtime for me.My weekends are filled with me basically doing homework all day to try to catch up and cleaning/laundry/grocery shopping.

I have a membership to a gym/aquatic center, but I don't know how to make time to work out.

When do you work out? How do you fit it into your schedule? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks =)

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Clone yourself
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Well I don't work so of course I have plenty of time. My sister works full time and she works out during her hour lunch break. Can you do that?

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Unfortunately, no. I would definitely do that if I could, but the drive time to get from my work to the gym is too far.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Well I don't work so of course I have plenty of time. My sister works full time and she works out during her hour lunch break. Can you do that?

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Honestly, I wasn't able to do it while I was working and going to school. If I did find time, my body was so exhausted from all the stress that it just didn't want to cooperate. I had to cut down some of my responsibilities before I was able to get time to take care of my body, so I cut down to part time and started taking less classes. Then I was able to wake up early in the morning after a full nights sleep and get a work out in. One person can only do so much, you know what I mean?

Briggswife09
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

i work out at home usually first thing in the morning or right before I go to bed. I dont go to a gym, I dont use weights I just do my one little work out routine, (i had help with it from my husband who is military). I just do squats, 2 different types of sit ups, and push ups right now. 30 reps of each and im about done, (i just started working out again). if you are interested in that routine I can look up the actual names of all the exercises for you.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I worked out when my kids went to bed. I would just do quick routines I found online and stuff. Unfortunately since getting pregnant, at first I have had NO energy, now I have such bad back pain ugh... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

LOL, when I was working out I found that I could only do it first thing in the morning.  So, can you get up at 5:30 am and do a half hour walk maybe?  I'd love to start doing this again, but the treadmill is in our room and I don't want to wake DH up.  But I remember I asked this guy once who is in his 50s how he stays in such great shape and he said he gets up at 4:30 am every morning to work out because that was literally the only time he could do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I work 6:30?-5:30 so I know what you mean by exhausted .... My gym days I usually have a crockpot dinner going.. After work I get 1 1/2 hours at the gym and dinner the moment I walk in!!!!
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I work full-time and I can't make it to the gym.  It's not convenient for me and I would have to figure out what to do with DD.  I work out either early in the morning or before bed.  I try to do fast-paced, circuit type workouts to get the most out of my time.  So, usually I do a 30 minute workout.  If you are interested, let me know.

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I might have to think about doing this. I'm not a morning person, especially when I am staying up so late to study (ugg!) but I might be able to wake up early a few times a week. I do know my gym opens up at 5am so this might be my best option.

How do you wake up so early without waking up DH/SO?

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL, when I was working out I found that I could only do it first thing in the morning.  So, can you get up at 5:30 am and do a half hour walk maybe?  I'd love to start doing this again, but the treadmill is in our room and I don't want to wake DH up.  But I remember I asked this guy once who is in his 50s how he stays in such great shape and he said he gets up at 4:30 am every morning to work out because that was literally the only time he could do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN