Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand this about FS posts..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I honestly don't understand why you feel the need to say you paid with food stamps. You know that more than likely it will turn into a bashing session. If you are posting about your dinner, why do you have to say "I went shopping with my food stamps today!" I don't say what form of payment I used whether it be debit card or cash. I don't see why it's relevant unless you are trying to be provocative and then you sit back and say "well, this isn't about the food stamps, I was just saying I was hungry!"  

Im just saying you'd stop causing yourself so much grief (if it truly makes you feel bad) if you just posted about your dinner and not the method of payment! You know how people on MC are. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the majority of those posts are trolls or people seeking attention anyways.  Ever notice how the most dramatic ones are always Anon?  I've seen some great ones that weren't Anon, but the tone was different.  It was more like "Look, you can buy great food on foodstamps!  Step away from the processed, unhealthy stuff and let's talk about how to make this count!"

Now those, I enjoy.  I don't use foodstamps, but it is always amazing to see people trying to find a healthier alternative.  I know a lot of friends who had or have to use foodstamps and they are so concerned with buying "cheap" and stretching the dime they forget how unhealthy the food is.  And it isn't satisfying, so they buy more of it.  I love picking up tips to pass to them, because I love it when they start being happier that they are eating right again.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

They want the drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I always used to ask my dad for his change when I was a kid. I would take all the silver and now I know why it made him mad when he had no change for tolls. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Great post!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I think the majority of those posts are trolls or people seeking attention anyways.  Ever notice how the most dramatic ones are always Anon?  I've seen some great ones that weren't Anon, but the tone was different.  It was more like "Look, you can buy great food on foodstamps!  Step away from the processed, unhealthy stuff and let's talk about how to make this count!"

Now those, I enjoy.  I don't use foodstamps, but it is always amazing to see people trying to find a healthier alternative.  I know a lot of friends who had or have to use foodstamps and they are so concerned with buying "cheap" and stretching the dime they forget how unhealthy the food is.  And it isn't satisfying, so they buy more of it.  I love picking up tips to pass to them, because I love it when they start being happier that they are eating right again.

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Ehh, some it's guilt because they feel bad they need it. Others are proud of it. I think most do it just to cause drama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I think people do it to stir up the drama. There I'd no need to say 'i bought this lettuce with my food stamps'. You could just say 'i bought some lettuce today'. it's stupid.
pennerb538
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM
So I use foodstamps, I bought food with them... This post is just a slick way to smoothly bash PA users.
Of course foodstamps are used to buy food.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take your own advise, Hun! I can't believe it only took one page for someone to get their panties in a wad over an honest post. Sounds like you may be guilty of doing what I posted about. All I'm saying is if you don't want to get bashed by other people, just don't mention how you pay. It's no ones business but your own. Chill out drama queen!

Quoting pennerb538:

And this post is better? Get your big girl panties on and ignore it!

Luna091306
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I don't get it either. I never broadcasted that sort of thing when I was on pa.
Mesha125
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Me either! My little ones prefer change over paper money. lol I never have change anymore

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I can never seem to keep any silver... My dd steals it all, actually she takes the pennies too

Quoting almondpigeon:

i've wondered too.  i never think about the method of payment when i'm telling a story.  "hey!  i bought the greatest yarn today!  i paid with change because the bottom of my purse had $12 in quarters"

MrsWhite101610
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Oh, my dd will accept bills too. She thinks everything can go into a claw machine and she loves them. We see grandpa (my dad) on weekends and he always takes her to play them.

Quoting Mesha125:

Me either! My little ones prefer change over paper money. lol I never have change anymore

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I can never seem to keep any silver... My dd steals it all, actually she takes the pennies too

Quoting almondpigeon:

i've wondered too.  i never think about the method of payment when i'm telling a story.  "hey!  i bought the greatest yarn today!  i paid with change because the bottom of my purse had $12 in quarters"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)