Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dd, 17, is blubbering over an actor's death

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is that normal? She had a huge crush on him, but she never even met the guy. It's been 3 days since he was found dead, and she's still in a funk.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

When I was in High School, it seemed like the whole school was in mourning when Kurt Cobain died. I still get a bit sad when I think about Jonathan Brandis. Totally normal.

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
That is sad. To be found dead on your birthday is bad enough. To have no one notice your death for days is sadder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. He was found dead on his birthday, but they think he had been dead for a few days.

Quoting StarryRain:

The guy who played Giles' friend in Buffy?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Oh. Is she a big Buffy fan or just a Robin Sachs fan or both?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry, I had a phone call. I replied now. It was Robin Sachs. He played Ethan Rayne on Buffy, and some other small parts, and did a lot of voice work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why you no reply bout who said celebrity be?

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Ethan Rayne!!

Aww

Quoting Anonymous:

It was Robin Sachs.
lucsch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would probably cry for 3 days if Richard Dean Anderson, 62, died..and I'm 49! We all have our favorite actors.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was Robin Sachs.

two4one

Don;'t you remember being a teenager? If Richard Dean Anderson died when I was her age I would have been despondant. She'll get over it,

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Jonathan, Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, Kurt Cobain, River Phoenix, the list just keeps going...

Quoting mommyrustina:

When I was in High School, it seemed like the whole school was in mourning when Kurt Cobain died. I still get a bit sad when I think about Jonathan Brandis. Totally normal.

Mcelly
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Not the same, but when Ricky Martin came out I was devastated, I was already married and I was 27.
ballerina18
1 mom liked this

I had a huge crush on David Bowie when I saw him in Labrynth when I was like 6. So, yeah... totally normal imo. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know, I was in love with Sylvester Stallone when I was 14.  I still am and he's old as hell.

Quoting cmorris0217:

he is over 60, and she is 17.  thats weird.

CorpCityGrl

She's 17 and a teen.  That's perfectly normal.  Besides, if she was a huge Buffy fan then it CAN be upsetting.  Cut her some slack.  Don't you remember when you were a teen sometimes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)