Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is up with all these videos about peple's 'tatoo stories" lately?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

I keep seeing on that little side bar thing these videos about people's tatoos and why they have them. Why? Is it some kind of campain to change people's minds about thinking tatoos are trashy or something. I don't click on them. I'm always going to think tatoos are trashy. There are better ways to honor people that you love than making permanent grafitti all over your body. It's ugly, imo and makes me a little sick.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I don't think trashy or anything but I really don't get the videos (ok so most the videos i find are just. . .weird). I mean tattoos are not rare or anything. Almost everyone i know has at least one. 

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
6 moms liked this

What is up with busybodies making personal remarks about other people's appearances? I think it is terribly impolite and shows a definite lack of breeding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

True. I know probably not everyone feels like I do about them, but I just think people are beautiful as they are. To me it's like spray painting all kinds of grafitti all over a beautiful building.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I don't think trashy or anything but I really don't get the videos (ok so most the videos i find are just. . .weird). I mean tattoos are not rare or anything. Almost everyone i know has at least one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I would never make negative comments about natural aspects of a person's appearance that they can't help. That's shallow and rude, but people who get tatoos, I just don't understand.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

What is up with busybodies making personal remarks about other people's appearances? I think it is terribly impolite and shows a definite lack of breeding.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
6 moms liked this

Surprise! Making personal remarks about others' appearances is always shallow and rude.

That is because it is a matter of personal preference. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never make negative comments about natural aspects of a person's appearance that they can't help. That's shallow and rude, but people who get tatoos, I just don't understand.

Quoting Sanctimommy:

TattooedMomto4
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I totally agree!

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Tats are for people who cannot afford real art. I will always think this.

TattooedMomto4
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. That's the great thing about the world we live in. However, I don't see why it matters so much to you what other people do with their bodies? It doesn't affect you in any way.

Quoting Anonymous:

True. I know probably not everyone feels like I do about them, but I just think people are beautiful as they are. To me it's like spray painting all kinds of grafitti all over a beautiful building.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Schleetle
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I am on mobile so I can't see it, but I think CM was doing a video series about moms with tattoos. They have done video stories about moms with all different types of interests.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

being hyper-critical of others appearance is a mark of breeding where i am from :)

Quoting Sanctimommy:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)