Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess im a BAD SM because i ACTUALLY care!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Y does actually caring about my SD make me a bad SM ? Its not my fault the BM only cares about alcohol until we threaten her extra income by fighting for more custody!

So what am i supposed to do?? Only care about my and DH baby? If i do that what would happen to my SD she needs a GOOD female role model on her life doesn't she?

So why am i a bad SM for caring and loving her as my own?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
ratchetlee
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Who said you're a bad SM for caring???

You know... Its more common now for kids to have 2 'sets' of parents.... it's best that everyone care about the child, step or bio....

So glad you could step up and be a mom!  I think it's awesome!

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

When step parents/ bio parents CAN make the effort to get along....it's so much healthier for the kids.  

My dd has a boy in her class that his parents have the best relationship with the ex-spouse and the new spouse.  I love it!  You have to love your kids more than you hate the ex... ya know!

I am sure it's a process to go thru through.

I am biomom my kids have a sm i am very glad she cares for them. They live with me but at least i know when they visit her theyll have a good time. Maybe bm is just bitter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I was good with BM until my husband and I got engaged then her green-eyed monster came out and she started hating me. Then after we got married she wanted nothing to do with us and her DD

Quoting ratchetlee:

When step parents/ bio parents CAN make the effort to get along....it's so much healthier for the kids.  

My dd has a boy in her class that his parents have the best relationship with the ex-spouse and the new spouse.  I love it!  You have to love your kids more than you hate the ex... ya know!

I am biomom my kids have a sm i am very glad she cares for them. They live with me but at least i know when they visit her theyll have a good time. Maybe bm is just bitter?

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM

That is so sad :-(

Continue loving on SD.... it's sounds like you're a GREAT SM!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was good with BM until my husband and I got engaged then her green-eyed monster came out and she started hating me. Then after we got married she wanted nothing to do with us and her DD

Quoting ratchetlee:

mamoore83
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
My sister is a step mom and loves those kids we all do. The more people a child has to love them the better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank u I try my hardest to make sure my dd and my SD get treated equally and sometimes we actually spoil SD a little more since shes old enough to actually enjoy doing things

Quoting ratchetlee:

That is so sad :-(

Continue loving on SD.... it's sounds like you're a GREAT SM!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ratchetlee:

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quoting ratchetlee:

It wasnt easy and its still rough at times but i love my kids and would never put unneeded stress on them. Not all people can tho because of different reasons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I know I wouldnt want to raise my child with someone constatly looking over my shoulder.

ratchetlee
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Oh I know..... but it's wonderful when it CAN happen!!!!

It just doesn't happen enough!!  But you're wonderful just because you are 'trying'!

Quoting lauren.m:

Quoting ratchetlee:

It wasnt easy and its still rough at times but i love my kids and would never put unneeded stress on them. Not all people can tho because of different reasons.

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I think that would make you a good SM. I wish my kids SM cared more. She is too busy trying to wreak havoc in my life to care about anyone else, especially my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured