Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess im a BAD SM because i ACTUALLY care!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Y does actually caring about my SD make me a bad SM ? Its not my fault the BM only cares about alcohol until we threaten her extra income by fighting for more custody!

So what am i supposed to do?? Only care about my and DH baby? If i do that what would happen to my SD she needs a GOOD female role model on her life doesn't she?

So why am i a bad SM for caring and loving her as my own?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

its about the kids not the ex or current s/o. im sick of drama

Quoting acbbsmama:

I think that would make you a good SM. I wish my kids SM cared more. She is too busy trying to wreak havoc in my life to care about anyone else, especially my kids.

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I agree 100%. The kids and what's best for them must be put first. Keep on loving your SKs. They see that you love them and that's what matters most.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

I think that would make you a good SM. I wish my kids SM cared more. She is too busy trying to wreak havoc in my life to care about anyone else, especially my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

yea its just kinda hard when BM start drama because SD says she she loves me and not BM to BM because BM doesnt ever do anything with her

Quoting acbbsmama:

I agree 100%. The kids and what's best for them must be put first. Keep on loving your SKs. They see that you love them and that's what matters most.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I feel your pain. I don't have step children but my kids do have a step mother. All I want is my kids to have a loving environment whether they are in my home or on their visitation at Exdh's. Unfortunately a lot of adults let jealousy and other issues get in the way of what's best for their children.

Quoting Anonymous:

yea its just kinda hard when BM start drama because SD says she she loves me and not BM to BM because BM doesnt ever do anything with her

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

we had court yesterday and our lawyer showed us the counter petition and all that she said was how i spend too much time doing stuff with her daughter against her wishes. For one its 50/50 and so whatever we choice to do on our time is our business. and sorry u dont wanna socialize ur kid lol plus my husband does everything with us as a family and she only brought up my name. plus she flat out lied on her counter about suicide threats and we had proof her lawyer didnt know about her lawyer looked and it and talked to our lawyer then our lawyer talked to us and he pretty much said were gonna get primary. we asking for every week with BM having 3 weekends and 1 day a week from3-8pm after school then summers go back to 50/50

Quoting acbbsmama:

I feel your pain. I don't have step children but my kids do have a step mother. All I want is my kids to have a loving environment whether they are in my home or on their visitation at Exdh's. Unfortunately a lot of adults let jealousy and other issues get in the way of what's best for their children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM
It is really hard to be a step mom. My sd has always been able to do,say,and act how ever she wants. I don't tolerate it. My kids have manners and respect. So when we get sd 50/50 i feel she hates me or sees me as mean because i don't let her walk all over me. She beats up my son and daughter and eats candy for breakfast at her moms. I care too because i know it will only get worse as she gets older.
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Sounds like BM is insecure and jealous that you have a good relationship with SD. I have the opposite situation. My kids stepmom is horrible. She texts me pretending to me exdh spewing all kinds of hate towards me and negative comments towards my son. It got to the point I had to have a cease and desist order sent to her. My exdh knew nothing of most of the texts she sent.

Your SK's BM should thank her lucky stars her child has a great step mom like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

we had court yesterday and our lawyer showed us the counter petition and all that she said was how i spend too much time doing stuff with her daughter against her wishes. For one its 50/50 and so whatever we choice to do on our time is our business. and sorry u dont wanna socialize ur kid lol plus my husband does everything with us as a family and she only brought up my name. plus she flat out lied on her counter about suicide threats and we had proof her lawyer didnt know about her lawyer looked and it and talked to our lawyer then our lawyer talked to us and he pretty much said were gonna get primary. we asking for every week with BM having 3 weekends and 1 day a week from3-8pm after school then summers go back to 50/50

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM

thank u so much :) its hard sometimes and i constantly ask myself why i put myself in this position. but then i see my SD do something i taught her or say that she loves me and her sister and I melt and find it worth every bit of hurt and pain on my part! Her mom tricked my husband into getting her pregnant because she lied and pretended that she was on birthcontrol plus she was cheating and sleeping around so she didnt even know the dad till after SD was born. by then my husband and I had just started dating and I instantly excepted both into my life.

Quoting acbbsmama:

Sounds like BM is insecure and jealous that you have a good relationship with SD. I have the opposite situation. My kids stepmom is horrible. She texts me pretending to me exdh spewing all kinds of hate towards me and negative comments towards my son. It got to the point I had to have a cease and desist order sent to her. My exdh knew nothing of most of the texts she sent.

Your SK's BM should thank her lucky stars her child has a great step mom like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I know it's hard but try not to let her get to you.....when you do she "wins." She sounds like a real piece of work.

Quoting Anonymous:

thank u so much :) its hard sometimes and i constantly ask myself why i put myself in this position. but then i see my SD do something i taught her or say that she loves me and her sister and I melt and find it worth every bit of hurt and pain on my part! Her mom tricked my husband into getting her pregnant because she lied and pretended that she was on birthcontrol plus she was cheating and sleeping around so she didnt even know the dad till after SD was born. by then my husband and I had just started dating and I instantly excepted both into my life.

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks momma :)

Quoting acbbsmama:

I know it's hard but try not to let her get to you.....when you do she "wins." She sounds like a real piece of work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting acbbsmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured