Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess im a BAD SM because i ACTUALLY care!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Y does actually caring about my SD make me a bad SM ? Its not my fault the BM only cares about alcohol until we threaten her extra income by fighting for more custody!

So what am i supposed to do?? Only care about my and DH baby? If i do that what would happen to my SD she needs a GOOD female role model on her life doesn't she?

So why am i a bad SM for caring and loving her as my own?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (31-37):
Sama2Mamma
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Same here

Quoting Stephd710:

You arent.  BM's should be happy to have SM's like you in their children's lives.  I dont know why ANY mother would NOT want the SM to care or be involved.  I would feel horrible if my kids had to go stay with a woman who didnt care about them and didnt want to do stuff with them.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I pray that when my exdh finds someone they care about my children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

exactly i just feel bad for my SD shes getting used as a pawn by her mom and thats just so wrong

Quoting MrsCountryMama:

I pray that when my exdh finds someone they care about my children.

supermomz25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

BM should be thanking her lucky stars that you are a SM who actually cares about her SK and treats them so well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I really think its more about the fact that the split was not mutual between my husband and her and she is still in love with him. But she cheated so its her fault

Quoting supermomz25:

BM should be thanking her lucky stars that you are a SM who actually cares about her SK and treats them so well.

supermomz25
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

oh, that makes a lot of sense. well then for sure it's all on her. but seriously good for you for doing what you are doing for those kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I really think its more about the fact that the split was not mutual between my husband and her and she is still in love with him. But she cheated so its her fault

Quoting supermomz25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM

There isn't a lot of information to go on here.  Define "care"... maybe you think doing whatever you want is caring, but maybe she feels there are some boundaries you are crossing?

I'm not saying caring is wrong.  Many people care of other people's children.  Most parents appreciate that.  But most parents also have boundaries where other adults are concerned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured