Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What am I missing?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am blown away by the many people on here who post things like, "Should I go to the ER?" "Should I take my child to the ER?" Or even "Here is a pic of us in the hospital". It makes me sad that some people have no family or friends IRL and have to ask strangers on the internet what to do. 

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
piratehooker
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Well aren't you special. I have family and friends but I get bored.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Internet is better then nothing I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You are missing the fact that some of us actually have no family to speak of and our friends live hours away. Life happens hun.

audreesmama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here lol. I've never posted something like that, but sometimes people need support at all times of the night. I would imagine if I had to take my kids to the ER at 3am, I wouldn't wake anyone to tell them. I would post on here for support, though. I would tell my RL friends and family at a decent hour unless it was a life or death matter.

Quoting piratehooker:

Well aren't you special. I have family and friends but I get bored.

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You are right. I am so lucky to have a ton of family and friends and forget there are people out there who are doing it all alone. I always try to respond to those kinds of posts because I feel very sorry for the people who start them. And, you are right, the internet is better than nothing. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Maybe they think that since there are a lot of people on this site, someone might know what`s going on orhave experienced the same thing. My family and friends dont know much about health so if I ever needed advice on something like that, I would google it and ask here
audreesmama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I live about 6 hours from family and my friends all live in different countries (military). It's difficult to keep track of what time it is everywhere so I would rather not disturb them sometimes. I wish we had family closer! The friends I do have here all work full time so during the day, it's hard to get ahold of them.

Sometimes, I post anonymous questions on here cause there's no way in hell id ask someone IRL lol.

Quoting 4kids4tara:

You are right. I am so lucky to have a ton of family and friends and forget there are people out there who are doing it all alone. I always try to respond to those kinds of posts because I feel very sorry for the people who start them. And, you are right, the internet is better than nothing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)