Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a way to get an abortion for free?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies

My brother's girlfriend wants an abortion. She told him she needs him to pay for it. He doesn't want her to have one. While he respects the fact that legally, she is the one who gets to choose, he isn't going to pay for it. BTW yes, the relationship is probably over either way because if she can't get one, she will be mad at him, if she has one, I don't think he would want to be with her.

Anyway, she says that she can't afford one and if her parents knew about it, there is NO WAY they would pay for it. She is 18 years old and on her parent's health insurance. So I guess the only way she will get one is if there is a way to get one for free. Is there?

FYI:

I am trying to find out if there is a way she can do it. I am hoping she CAN'T but I know that if she can find a way to get it for free, she will. If I wanted her to have it done, I would have given her the money when she asked

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Ummm no!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM
6 moms liked this
They give free birth control...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

A coat hanger always does the job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Coat hangers are pretty cheap.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell her to try Craigslist?

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
She should tell her parents. If she can't afford one she will eventually have a baby and they will find out anyways. Why not tell them now and who knows maybe they will consider her options.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sampson200
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Junesmommy18
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Wire hanger..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessAnna
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I don't know about free; why doesn't she phone the nearest clinic and ask?

Personally, I'd introduce her to the concept of TANSTAAFL. Also, the concept of better life planning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I think she should but if she does, they are hard core Catholic, they will not in a million years pay for her to have an abortion

Quoting Sept-babies2:

She should tell her parents. If she can't afford one she will eventually have a baby and they will find out anyways. Why not tell them now and who knows maybe they will consider her options.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)