Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband wants me to stop nursing our three year old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I nurse our three year old son still. He turned three two months and one week ago.

He only nurses first thing in the morning and then at naptime. He doesnt nurse at night anymore. he doesnt even nurse when he gets a booboo or upset anymore. SOme days he will go without nursing completely. 

We really are having trouble with this. I am not stopping. It is so rare and the thought of not nursing anymore makes me sad. 

Furthermore, his reasons are very selfish. Things like "it embarasses him" OR "I want them to be my boobs again"

WTH. We dont nurse in public anymore, havent in over a year. And as for wanting them to be his boobs again- they will always be MINE. 

I dont know how to get him off of my back abotu this. It doesnt help that his mom is on his side. My mother nursed my little sisters until they were three and the other was four. I have tried explaining to my husband that natural weaning age is between 2.5 and 7 years old and he laughs saying '"no child of mine will nurse until they are seven".  Well of course not- he is showing signs of stopping but hasnt completely yet

I really dont know what to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Replies (401-410):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 97 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
Weaning is btw you and baby. Husband doesn't have a horse in that race. If you want to wean - Don't offer, don't refuse.

As far as all the ppl saying ebf is gross- I hope they never leave the country bc they will be in cultural shock. Only in America is bf considered gross and unnatural.
ALXtheg8
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Because cows milk is for baby cows. And human milk is well for...humans..

Quoting SparklingHope:

Seriously? That child is 3 years old. I see no point in going further than 1 years old with breastfeeding when they can switch over to whole milk. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM

of HER breasts. Not HERself not HER body. Just her breasts. Some women don't even like their breasts played with whether breastfeeding or not. Should they just give it up? What if her husband doesn't like ass play and tells her no? Is he depriving her unnecessarily?

Not tring to be bitchy or anything. I have never breastfed that long. I just don't like his reasoning and all these women okay with the fact that he is demanding this so he can have his breasts back. If he said this for any other reason. This thread would be so different. There would be a man bashing in here.

Quoting Anonymous:

because in a sense she is depriving her husband unnecessairly..

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Howexactly is SHE the selfish one? Her husband said ge wabts her to stop so he can have HIS breasts back.

and SHE is the selfish one? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Um...I agree with him. The kid doesn't need the tit anymore. YOU are continuing it because YOU want to. YOU are the selfish one, IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
So, you know this family IRL? you know what the 3 year needs, doesn't need. You are well educated in extended breastfeeding, and a member of the WHO? You are an impressive lady! To have all that accomplished. I'm super jealous.

Quoting KailesMommy:

Your not doing it for the child, your doing it for you. He is 3. And im sorry but that is gross. Bfing to a year and a half on the tit ok. But after that they should be able to use a sippy so you could still put bm in it. Thats my opinion. I agree with your hubby and it is gross he is to old.

fallenstars
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
This.

Quoting FL2AK:

I think you should sit down and take his opinion into consideration. You are not the only parent. From your post it sounds like you are still breastfeeding for your benefit, not your childs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
But then what after it goes away? What does it feel like? Is it like a relief feeling? Like when you go pee.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If breastfeeding hurts so damn bad then why is it so hard for you to stop? I'm not saying you said it hurts but every woman has said breastfeeding is not pleasurable at all. Well then why is it so hard for you to stop?

It can have some pain when they're first born but after that it goes away.

Rhiannon92
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

How exactly? OP even said, her child nurses so rarely that her husband never sees it. So basically, nursing has never interfered with anything. Her toddler is already weaning, so what is the problem? The husband is being selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

because in a sense she is depriving her husband unnecessairly..

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Howexactly is SHE the selfish one? Her husband said ge wabts her to stop so he can have HIS breasts back.

and SHE is the selfish one? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Um...I agree with him. The kid doesn't need the tit anymore. YOU are continuing it because YOU want to. YOU are the selfish one, IMO.

rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I think you are pushing your husband away by not taking his opinion into consideration. He is a parent too and his feelings matter as much as yours. It honestly does sound like your son is ready to stop, but since you find comfort in it, you don't want to stop. Your dh has supported you through over 3 years of breastfeeding, it's time to stop now before you do more damage to your relationship with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lewinsky
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I find kinky breastfeeding a child who`s able to eat steaks 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

This just keeps getting creepier.  He is 3, he has teeth, talks and walks.  There is no reason whatsoever to still be breastfeeding at all.  As for all the "breastfeeding until 7 is nutrional for the child and only in America is it gross" bullshit.  There is research showing that the older the child gets, the benefits decrease substantially.  And I have yet to see this big extended breastfeeding campaign overseas.  This is all about a mother who can't accept the fact that her son is getting older and doesn't need from her what he once did.  I see him living at home at 30, unemployed and with a mommy complex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN