Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why can't we report

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

people who abuse unemployment, or FS, or welfare, or TANF, or WIC, or workers comp, etc?

I have a "friend" that would constantly post all over FB about buying weed and getting drunk and going to all these gay clubs and having a ton of sex.... living with his parents..... and collecting unemployment.  No interest in finding a job, he'd get extensions all the time, fake applications, blow interviews, etc.  I actually wound up getting in an arguement with him about it, I have 2 kids by myself and can't find work but don't qualify for unemployment.... and he finds it hysterical that he gets his "government sponsored fun".  I don't remember the last time he worked.  It pisses me off that people can do this kind of thing.  Why can't we report them?  Get rid of some of the leeches?

ETA - I apparently am an idiot, didn't know you could report it (but it looks as though it's not taken seriously)

Whatever he's been doing, he's been doing it for over 2 years, I think, possibly more, and he worked at his last job for a little over a year (from what he told me).   When he first started this, it was unemployment.  Maybe I'm also a moron there..... he just refers to it as "his checks" and I know he still has to act like he's looking for a job.  Assumed it was still unemployment.  

my ex-dh isn't a total jackass and is helping me out financially right now, so I'm not bitter.  People like this piss me off though, it's frustrating to watch.  Thanks to those who corrected me nicely!  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Um...you can
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

You can report them. 

Nicole1357
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

You can 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Unemployment is not like welfare or wic.

You qualify when you WORK and pay into the system.

If you don't "qualify" its your own fault. no one elses, go be bitter elsewhere, 

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Report him. There are abuse hotlines for all those programs. Give them his FB name.

gigis1
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i'd report them... screen shot !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
A: you can report them B: there is no rule about how to spend your unemployment, you would have to be able to prove he was not looking or applying for a job at all, which would be hard to do
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I am not sure why you think you cant report them but let me assure you that you CAN.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

How can a person abuse unemployment? That's a legit question because people get that because they actually worked.

I use my unemployment to buy weed with my cannabis card which makes it legal.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

you can. I reported someone for abusing FS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)