Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you not so good at cooking?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 62 Replies
For me, it is rice. I HATE IT!! I fuck up rice so bad that my husband bought a rice cooker. He says he bought it for himself but he NEVER COOKS!!

I lost the bowl that goes inside the cooker thing so tonight he will be eating mushy rice.

What do you mess up on? Or are you Betty fucking Crocker? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabearjkda
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I can make some seriously awesome complex meals that takes hours to prepare, do NOT ask me for a grilled cheese sandwhich or breakfast items because I can't do it. Seriously, I have made Chicken Marsala, Lasagna, Baked Salmon, Prime Rib to name a few things and they always turn out really good but my grilled cheese not even my dog ate that... IT was bad..

lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I have mostly perfected all the things I f'ed up for years. But scrambled eggs are always hit or miss with me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gezz3307
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I screw up everything I cook!! Haha, that's why my hubby and I made the deal...he cooks, I clean! And he is an awesome cook so it's fine with me. I am actually a pretty decent baker though.

LDennany
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm ... Yep rice gets me every time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

When I read your title I was thinking rice too! LOL! I can not do it. IDK why. Except at work, because we use steamers, it's hard to screw up using a steamer.

And I am a chef so DON'T feel bad.

kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Idk. I'm a pretty simple cook. Lol. Usually anything out of the norm I fuck up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to cook and think I'm pretty good, but I can't cook rice either! I have no clue why! Dh loves rice, and it always tastes so good when he makes it. You'd think that cooking rice takes as much skill as brain surgery LOL

mamabearjkda
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this

lol I can make scrambled eggs, even my omelletes are scrambled eggs, sunny side up? Yep those are scrambled too :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
jello! I can cook a 7 course meal that people will rave about. But I can't make jello! It never solidifies, it just stays watery.
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Betty Fucking Crocker (oooh didn't know that was her middle name) No honestly I am probably not so good at desserts. I can do pies and basic cakes and cookies but nothing any fancier. I cook my rice in the microwave, comes out perfect every time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured