Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BM is just going to have to get over it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies
My SO is very close to his ex wife's family. BMs mom is remarried, dad is not and sister has an SO with 2 of his own kids and they have one together.

I've grown very close to BMs sister over the last year. I take care of her baby three days a week while she's a work. BMs dad comes over for dinner once a week and BMs mom we are in regular contact with. We have also gone on vacation with her dad.

This year we are planning our family summer trip with BMs sister and BMs dad. BM has been really shitty about this. Crying, bitching and what not. Oh SM is stealing my family blah blah blah. Or this is my family not hers.

I've been around for awhile. BM and I have no issues. I don't speak to her about the kids unless she approaches me. Whatever issues come up about the kids she calls my SO and he calls her back after we discuss. We go to school, family and sport functions and there is never drama. I hate drama. I don't like confrontation at all.

Is it crappy we are doing this?

A little more info. Before I came along, in the four years they were divorced, my SO went on vacation with her dad and the kids (not her),family gatherings such as Xmas and tgiving. BMs family took him in when he was young and first got together with BM. When I first came along I was disinvited to her mothers wedding after BM refused to be there if I was there (my SO didn't attend either). Her sister recently bought a house and had a housewarming party. BM didn't show up because I wasn't disinvited.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this
insert Sweet Brown meme here

Lol I can't follow that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brkn.halo.6712
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
She will get over it
JZB
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Sounds like bum has insecurity issues

My dh's ex's mom threw my bridal shower
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Hopefully.

It's a constant bitchfest from her if we do anything with her family. Like dinner or a play date at the park.

Quoting Brkn.halo.6712:

She will get over it
poietes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I see where she would be hurt but I wouldnt cut them off because of her.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
7 moms liked this
Idk I might feel some sort of way about it if I was her too. I mean it's kinda weird IMO. Not a bad thing, just weird. I really wouldn't be ok if the SM started hanging out with my family and etc.. Hopefully one day you guys will find a compromise.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Too many BM's, SM's etc... Couldn't keep up, so gave up.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
3 moms liked this

I fartedx today

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Sounds like BM has issues. Glad your hubby didn't attend the wedding and let her or her mom split you two. Good boundaries. 

blondie7221
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see it making BM feel left out or whatever, i couldnt see getting a devorce and  ex coming to all my family things and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)