Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you get bashed for? (NOT PA RELATED)

Posted by   + Show Post
I get bashed for not doing tooth fairy, Easter Bunny, and yes Santa. I was told I'm "robbing" my child of her childhood. My dd is 6 and really has no interest in them as she only really cares about lala loopsy, disney princess, scooby-doo, and veggie-tales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (191-199):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Idk why ppl think kids have to be chunky or huge. That never made sense to me. Everyone is different.

Quoting PEEK05:

My mom hated milk so we never drank milk growing up and we are just fine.  With my first child, she had dairy sensitivities until 2.5 years old so she didn't do milk either.  We just continued not giving milk for many reasons.   My son is just small. He was born small and remained that way.  He eats plenty of healthy fats and plenty of food all day long.  Cow's milk is gross and is not the magic answer.  Some people are... *gasp* ... small.  Wow, can you believe that?  I agree... people are nuts lol!

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

People are nuts. I'm allergic to cows milk. I've never had an issues gaining weight lol.

Quoting PEEK05:

Not giving my kids cow's milk lol.

I have a small boy who will be 2 this spring and just turned 22 pounds and apparently I'm a failure of a mother for not giving him nasty ass cow's milk to "fatten" him up lol! He's just tiny!

MsMcWithey
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Not vaccinating

Refusing to be an OCD cleaner

Spanking (tho hardly ever)

Getting ready to homeschool

Believing in conspiracy theories
megshepherd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

acually, I am a Christian. It's not lies to me. If you're not religious, fine. celebrate/don't celebrate whatever you want...no need to make snarky comments because we do not agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they are part of the celebrations for the "secular version" of these religious holidays. I am not going to celebrate religious holidays, no matter how many stores and advertisements tell me I need to.

And the actual lies to which I was referring were the ones about the religion it's self. You know, that its true.

Quoting megshepherd:

santa and the easter bunny have nothing to do with religion...

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't celebrate Xmas or Easter. We're not even religious, but we're still expected to tell our kids these lies and celebrate religious holidays? Why?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I wasn't being snarky, I believe those things are lies, which is why I wont teach them to my children. I get bashed for not celebrating religious holidays and not teaching my kids the things that I believe are lies. 

We were asked what we are bashed for, I responded.

Quoting megshepherd:

acually, I am a Christian. It's not lies to me. If you're not religious, fine. celebrate/don't celebrate whatever you want...no need to make snarky comments because we do not agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they are part of the celebrations for the "secular version" of these religious holidays. I am not going to celebrate religious holidays, no matter how many stores and advertisements tell me I need to.

And the actual lies to which I was referring were the ones about the religion it's self. You know, that its true.

Quoting megshepherd:

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't celebrate Xmas or Easter. We're not even religious, but we're still expected to tell our kids these lies and celebrate religious holidays? Why?

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
For using medical marijuana while being sahm.
megshepherd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I apologize, the first time I read your comment I thought you were saying that I should know that it is true that religion is a lie, but re-reading it I noticed the comma in the last sentence.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't being snarky, I believe those things are lies, which is why I wont teach them to my children. I get bashed for not celebrating religious holidays and not teaching my kids the things that I believe are lies. 

Quoting megshepherd:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting megshepherd:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM

It's okay, misunderstandings are easy online when you can't hear tone of voice and see facial expression.

I don't have anything against religious people, (I actually know and love many of them being in Texas and all lol) I just don't like religion if that makes sense, kinda like love the sinner hate the sin? lol I would never get snarky over the subject; ito do so is just uncouth.

Quoting megshepherd:

I apologize, the first time I read your comment I thought you were saying that I should know that it is true that religion is a lie, but re-reading it I noticed the comma in the last sentence.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting megshepherd:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting megshepherd:

Quoting Anonymous:

LDennany
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I get bashed for...
My weight
Being a teen mom
Being a step parent
Allowing my kids to get dirty
Having my kids in multiple after school activities
Going to school and wanting to work
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)