Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you get bashed for? (NOT PA RELATED)

Posted by   + Show Post
I get bashed for not doing tooth fairy, Easter Bunny, and yes Santa. I was told I'm "robbing" my child of her childhood. My dd is 6 and really has no interest in them as she only really cares about lala loopsy, disney princess, scooby-doo, and veggie-tales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
skittlefart
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing so far. People who have tried to bash me have not succeeded...lol

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

putting her in daycare(as an only child, she actually thrived) and now that she is a teen, allowing her to be a vegetarian.  She will not eat meat. I don't think it is a big deal as long as she gets protein from other sources.   I also got bashed for giving her the flu shot(never had a problem) and the HPV vaccine(I got the virus due to a brutal rape and I did not want her to suffer like I did.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Wow tell me if I am understanding this but your dh was divorced from his ex for 4 years and people think you split the home up? Yeah I am laughing at the stupidity of the people who think this

Quoting kappalopokis:

I've had people ask me if I feel guilty for "ruining" their family. And how could I do that if I claim to love the kids.

They were divorced when I met my DH!

Quoting krazykiddles:

Me too!  Except for the Santa, spanking (my kids are older so I use other forms of punishment), and the fact my kids don't like sports. (Their choice not mine).  Isn't it funny how because our DHs or Sos have slept with someone else and because it didn't work out for them it is somehow our fault. 

Quoting kappalopokis:

I'm a stepmother.

I don't do Santa.

I spank.

I encourage my kids to be competitive in sports.

But, mostly for being a stepparent.

Aleta775
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I have been bashed for not breast feeding, although I have a damn good reason why I didn't. I have also been bashed for only wanting one child. Apparently, my child is destined to be lonely and spoiled. Oh, and because I am Wiccan I am married to the Devil. 

gofast_mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have one child

I don't do Santa 

Very picky about what I feed my guy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

For not marrying my husband before we had our son, he is 7 and our daughter is 3, we wers together 8 years and got married when i was 6mo pregnant with DD.. also got so much hell for eloping. 

I don't let the kids stay the night anywhere except DS stayed with our parents on occasions...

I EBF DD for 15mos and got hell for it.  "she was too old for that"l

I don't allow the kids to have soda.. my gma would sneak them drinks off  her pepsi and i flipped out. But still does it at times.

DH and I are very protective of our children and constantly told this.

I'm not a religious Nazi, i believe in God but want my kids to decide their-self what they believe.

I smoke pot (idgaf what anyone thinks, I have bad anxiety and it's the only way i can eat, without it i have no appetite at all), drink occasionally, I don't keep a spotless house, I could go on and on.

IDC what anyone thinks, my kids are happy, healthy, loved and have a mind of their own. 

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
If having an only child makes them spoiled im going to "hell" then.

Quoting Aleta775:

I have been bashed for not breast feeding, although I have a damn good reason why I didn't. I have also been bashed for only wanting one child. Apparently, my child is destined to be lonely and spoiled. Oh, and because I am Wiccan I am married to the Devil. 

Aleta775
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I guess I'll be there with you. LOL. I don't know why people care about shit like that. 

Quoting mmtosam06:

Quoting Aleta775:

aniters
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Being a young mom.
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Lol right. I'm divorced from my.dd's "dad" because of abuse. When the right man comes along I'll gladly have more kids til then the legs are closed

Quoting Aleta775:

I guess I'll be there with you. LOL. I don't know why people care about shit like that. 

Quoting mmtosam06:

Quoting Aleta775:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)