Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wtf DH. Stop trying to control me.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Tonight we were both starving so we were going to stop and get something to eat. He asked "What do you want?" I told him where *I* wanted, which was literally RIGHT beside where we were anyway. He said "Hell no, we're not getting there. That place sucks." Keep in mind it was for *me.* Not him. Then he wanted me to pick between two other places, so slightly annoyed, I said "Pizza, I guess." because that was one of his options. This was after I told him I really didn't want pizza because 1. We have ate it too much for me. He wants it too much, and we just had it a week ago and 2. I have horrible constipation issues, and I really did not feel like dealing with all of that cheese and starch messing me up and causing gas to accumulate in my stomach, and not being able to use the bathroom. 

So he heard the annoyance in my voice and while AT THE WINDOW to order, he said well what do you want? I said "I already told you. Why are you asking me again. You asked me what I wanted. I told you. You told me no." He orders the pizza, then we run some errands. I try to eat it, but really. I need a break from it! It's just...ugh.. Greasy and not in the mood, so I just put it down, and said "I will just eat when we get home." He's like "Ohhh god." I say "Oh, no. Don't act like this was me. You asked me what I wanted then you decided FOR me." His excuse was "Well because I know it sucks." I said "YOU are not the one eating it. I am. Why does YOUR opinion matter on what I eat?" 

So he goes and drives to the other side of the city to ANOTHER place he thought I would want, and I am like "Why are you going here? You said earlier we weren't going over here because it's too far, and I don't want anything here." He just keeps on, and I said "No. I really don't want anything here. It's too far, and there's nothing I want." We go there, and I just get something anyway, and of course I am pissed off by them. I mean, why all of this unnecessary bull shit?! Why does he have to start shit, or try and dictate things for me? He complicated the whole night because he was more concerned over HIS OWN thoughts than MINE. Holy fuck, I am so annoyed. It's fucking food. Don't ASK me what I want just to tell me no then do all this shit. 

The sad thing is? We've been arguing about him doing things like this all last year! Wtf does he not get?!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Replies (41-48):
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

7 yrs is not that long.  And yes, believe it or not, there are men who will interpret "i want ...." for something completely different.  Or in their heads they will think, "no, that place sucks, there is no way she really wants that." 

Course there are men who are just flat out controling pigs. 

You said this is something you have been fighting about for a year now?  Has he always acted like this, and you just finally became fed up with the behavior a year ago, or did the behavior start a year ago?

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhh...7 years and "I want Subway" is pretty clear. I made it all very clear. He got the message very clearly. The problem is HE didn't feel it was a good place, so he decided FOR me that I wouldn't get it. I even told him my exact reasons why I didn't want pizza, like I have in this post. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

you thought.. thats could be part of the problem.  What you say and how you say it, may not be the way he interprets it.  How long have you been married?

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought I was pretty clear in what I wanted and how I felt. *Shrug*

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. Communication is key.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM

He didn't want to eat where you did.  You didn't want to eat where he did.  Why couldn't you both pick a place that you both like?  Why did he ask if he wasn't going to listen?  Ugh.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That's not what happened. We could pick different places. He didn't want ME eating where I chose because HE thought it sucked. See the problem? He wasn't deciding for himself.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

He didn't want to eat where you did.  You didn't want to eat where he did.  Why couldn't you both pick a place that you both like?  Why did he ask if he wasn't going to listen?  Ugh.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

it's more like, what do YOU not get???  He obviously is NOT going to change, and after a year, NOW you're complaining?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Now? No. I'm not "just now" complaining. You want me to leave my husband over this? It's highly annoying, but it doesn't seem like an issue serious enough to leave over. It needs to be resolved, and I will bite back if he wants to keep at it.

Quoting Anonymous:

it's more like, what do YOU not get???  He obviously is NOT going to change, and after a year, NOW you're complaining?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

i did not say to leave..you need to realize its something that will not change unless your dh wants it to.  ANd  then, you have to ask yourself, is it really worth the aggravation when he won't?

Quoting Anonymous:

Now? No. I'm not "just now" complaining. You want me to leave my husband over this? It's highly annoying, but it doesn't seem like an issue serious enough to leave over. It needs to be resolved, and I will bite back if he wants to keep at it.

Quoting Anonymous:

ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

that's super shitty!! sorry to hear it =/
I'd be pissed too.... 

MaMa_Te3
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
No advice but I can relate...sounds like my husband! He's becoming more religious lately and decided he's going back to not mixing milk and meat( he's Jewish). He'll try to argue with me over ordering a cheeseburger for myself like it was a mutual agreement. I had to switch my workout time from evening to early morning when he's at work because he decided to make himself my p90x coach. I say I want to trade MY aviator in for a Tahoe and he shows me a bunch of yukons in our area to consider. Not one dang Tahoe lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)