Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do think a parent with a child with extensive special needs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this

need any extra assistance-help-emotional or financial-anything from care sitting to fundraising for expensive equipment?  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

bump

Aleta775
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. It would depend on the type of assistance that is needed and the severity of the issues regarding the special needs child. 

Quoting Daveson:

Emotional.....YES. financial I guess it depends on their situations but emotionally definitely. .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM
7 moms liked this
Expensive equipment could make a huge difference in being able to hear, speak, or mobility. Many parents of special needs children are just trying to help their children achieve what most typical children have naturally without assistance.

Everyone needs emotional support when going through a difficult time. Thanks to the internet people can connect with other people that are going though the same things they are without even having to leave their home.

As far as care assistance goes, having a child with special needs can take a physical and mental toll on someone. Parents of children that are typical will at some point get a rest from caring for their children. The children will grow onto adults and one day take care of themselves. When you have a child with special needs, the future mat be uncertain. Your life may forever be devoted to caring for your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

yes you are right!  My adult child the equipment is very expensive and sometimes insurance will not pay for it and we are caring for our adult child and other kids our adult child age care for themselves

Quoting Anonymous:

Expensive equipment could make a huge difference in being able to hear, speak, or mobility. Many parents of special needs children are just trying to help their children achieve what most typical children have naturally without assistance.

Everyone needs emotional support when going through a difficult time. Thanks to the internet people can connect with other people that are going though the same things they are without even having to leave their home.

As far as care assistance goes, having a child with special needs can take a physical and mental toll on someone. Parents of children that are typical will at some point get a rest from caring for their children. The children will grow onto adults and one day take care of themselves. When you have a child with special needs, the future mat be uncertain. Your life may forever be devoted to caring for your child.

kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Well Idk as I've never dealt with it. If they say they need it then I will agree with whatever they say bc they are living it, not me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely. My cousin has CP and my Aunt & Uncle need their Aide so they can both work, they've never fund raised for his equipment but his medicaid covers a good portion of it.

My Aunt is a special needs teacher and director of their local special needs parks and recreaction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

that depends. who is funding this help? 

if it is the government than only for the needs of the child. The parents who need emotional support can get that from their family/friends or even free support groups 

JMO

annasew
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

yes I do. 

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. All parents need help, the parents with special needs children have a more stressful job that requires more resources. Of course they need more help in these areas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)