Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I drink every night.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It started out just drinks if I went out, and a drink at home to help me sleep sometimes. I don't know how it got to this point. I do not drink around my kids, and it doesn't affect my parenting at all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (31-39):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM
A drink or two a night isn't bad. If u get drunk every night that's bad

Quoting Anonymous:

It's on the low side of what I usually drink. If I go out, I drink a lot more, but then again I make my drinks a lot stronger than what you get in a bar. I don't ever start drinking until my kids are sound asleep. I usually just watch movies or play on CM while I'm drinking until I finally get sleepy.

Quoting Fields456:

It's Friday night ! Is that what u drink every night or does it vary? I have had 10 beers and 2 good Rita's since 5 pm

Quoting Anonymous:

It depends. Tonight, I have had 3 mixed drinks, equaling approximately 6 - 7 shots of Captain. I am about to go to bed because I'm finally sleepy.

Quoting Fields456:

When u say drink every night is it like a glass or 2 of wine or 1 or 2 beers or mixed drinks. Or is it. Like a 6 pack or more every night ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuNaDoLL
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:00 AM

its bad for your health so in the long run it will affect your parenting skills sorry

godsgirl26
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Just stop :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM

You will ruin your liver and family..STOP

Ilove907
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:05 AM

ambien. lmao. same thing as drinking, no lie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I took Ambien at one point, while I was pregnant with my middle daughter. I did crazy shit while I was sound asleep. I even cut my own hair once. I would rather be a bit impaired at night while my kids are sleeping than do crazy things while completely asleep. 

Quoting Ilove907:

ambien. lmao. same thing as drinking, no lie.

Aeonix
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I still believe if you are not already, then you are well on your way to becoming an alcoholic. Saying everyone depends on something is no excuse. You seem to only want validation, not people telling you what you already know but don't seem to care: you have a problem and you need to stop before it has an impact on more than just yourself. Stop making excuses and work with trained professionals until you find a healthy way to get to sleep. The drinking has become a crutch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Quoting Aeonix:

Quoting Anonymous:

I still believe if you are not already, then you are well on your way to becoming an alcoholic. Saying everyone depends on something is no excuse. You seem to only want validation, not people telling you what you already know but don't seem to care: you have a problem and you need to stop before it has an impact on more than just yourself. Stop making excuses and work with trained professionals until you find a healthy way to get to sleep. The drinking has become a crutch.

I have worked with professionals to find a way to sleep. Nothing has worked, other than Ambien, which had bad side effects. This works. I am actually about to go to bed and will continue the discussion tomorrow. Good night! :)

matheson7
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Come on now, the hangovers don't make you crabby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)