Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dated my husband's ex girlfriend.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

She is such a wonderful, kind person. We broke things off due to her son's health. I really felt that she needed to be fully focused on his needs, and she felt the same. I hope to one day pick things up where we left off, but now simply isn't the time. She's a wonderful person, inside and out.

Have you ever dated some one's ex? How did they feel about it? My husband thought it was adorable, and was very happy for us. 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:20 AM
no
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:21 AM
?
MommieSDW
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:21 AM
My best friend dated my husband before I did. She was MOH at our wedding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM

whoa

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Omg, same here... His ex became my bestie. I love her to death, wonderul fun person. They do not get along but Hey they dont have to.

Quoting MommieSDW:

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:23 AM

That sounds lovely. I am glad that you found him :)

Quoting MommieSDW:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Wow
MommieSDW
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM
In my case, they were just casually dating and then he and I became friends as she was cooling off to him. She found someone else and she thought him and I would be perfect for eachother and we ended up clicking. She and him get along fine, it's been 7 years though lol.

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

Omg, same here... His ex became my bestie. I love her to death, wonderul fun person. They do not get along but Hey they dont have to.

Quoting MommieSDW:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Well, I can't say that's not interesting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I had my very first real boyfriend when I was 15, we never had sex or anything like that but we went to the movies and things like that.  I got very close with his older sister and her baby boy.  We broke up and said we would remain friends and we did .  He started dating a girl not long after we broke up and I started dating (my now husband), I pretty much told my husband within the first few weeks of us dating that these people where in my life and not going anywhere and he told his girlfriend the same thing.  My husband was a little weirded out and so was the girl he was dating.  A few years later she had a baby and I backed off just because I knew she was uncomfortable around me.  They ended up getting married and a few years later I got pregnant with my daughter and got married.  One day I was walking out of my ex's sisters house and my ex and his wife where walking in, she came over and gave me a big hug and congratulated me on the baby and gave me her number to call her.  We started talking frequently on the phone then me and my husband where hanging out with them every weekend.  I was in the delivery room with them when they had their 3rd baby.  Right after their daughters 1st birthday my Ex got hit by a car and passed away, that is the first time I ever saw my husband cry, he sat on the couch with tears in his eyes and said "I just lost my best friend".  I talked to his wife for 21/2 hrs tonight, we still keep in touch but she moved away after he died so we hardly ever see each other anymore.  Sorry it was so long

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)