Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seizure???!!! Please answer!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
  • 18 Replies

Okay, so I guess I'll try to get an answer from this group! 
My daughter had two episodes around Thanksgiving in which her body went limp out of nowhere with her eyes open, and would not wake up or respond. On the 2nd occasion, it lasted more then 10 minutes. We called an ambulence. At the ER they took her blood, and found nothing.
Her pedi found nothing wrong. I finally got her in to a neurologist two weeks ago. They did an EEG and it came back clear. The past 2 weeks, she's been fine. A normal, happy 5 month old. 
Well tonight, I put her in bed. She started to cry and I waited a few minutes to see if she'd fall asleep. She got quiet, and I went to go see if she was asleep. And her head was bent back, eyes open, and her chest was going up and down violently... I observed about 5 seconds because babies do breathe erratically sometimes. She started to shake, relax, shake, relax her body as if she was having convulsions. I called her name, and she did not look, but continued, eyes still opened. I didn't wait, but grabbed her up and she came right out of it and looked at me. She's totally responsive now. 
This was so alarming. She is just fine. Came right out of it the second I scooped her up. Should I be worrying? What the heck?? 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I'm sorry, your font color hurts my eyes. Good luck.
Christey
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I would take her to the doctor.  How scary for you. :(

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I am sorry Mammi. I know it is scary, My son has had one seizure and it was a grandmaul. I don't have any answers for you but I will pray that she is ok.

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Yes. I hope it's nothing. :/

Quoting Christey:

I would take her to the doctor.  How scary for you. :(

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Momma,you need to get her seen again! Tell them exactly what you just shared here...it may take some time but,they need to do some more tests and find out what is going on. I know it is scary I have been there...my child was a bit older than your daughter,hers were a bit different than what you described and fortunately within a few years she out grew them... Keep asking Momma...if you can try and have someone(hubby) video,so the doctors can see for themselves what is happening. Hugs!

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I don't know, bump for you dear! 

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Does this sound like a seizure? The neurologist said that her going limp and unconscious was probably not a seizure...but this sounds seizure-like..

Quoting bumNmoos_mom:

I am sorry Mammi. I know it is scary, My son has had one seizure and it was a grandmaul. I don't have any answers for you but I will pray that she is ok.

mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Have a camera or your cell on hand and record it to show the doctor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM

My sister has seizures, I know they can be very scary. I think you should try to get some of this recorded. Keep taking her to the dr. until you get her the treatment she deserves.

unspecified42
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Sorry, I couldn't read your post because of the color.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)