Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like Im dying from a broken heart

Posted by   + Show Post

Please tell me how to stop this pain. Im 32 years old and my husband is 35. We have been together for 17 and this October  we will celebrate 10 years of marriage. We live for our four amazingly beautiful children who i cant even begin to explain what we feel for our children. Our olderst daughter is 16 and a sophmore in high school and has aspergers syndrome. Oursecond born is 14, she is in 8th grade. I cant give her enogh credit for stepping up to the plate and filling in the role of "eldest" and still has time to be on school teams like basckel. That brings us to our 7 year old youngest daughter, She is in second grade and has not missed being 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Awe! I agree with you back on def needing a moment or two! My dh has deployed (I know soooo not the same as jail) 3 times, so 3 years he's been away, I have 2 kids, and it is soooo hard, and there are days that I just would literally say to myself, if I didn't have the kids I'd stay in bed all day, because I just missed him so much, but, thank God for my children, I got up every single day and pushed through. You cannot stop living your life, with your children. They need you, now more then ever. Take time out for yourself, cry in your pillow, but stay strong in front of them. You have no other choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is right you know..my husband and me have been together for a long time but if anything happened to him I would cry and then pull my self together for my children be strong mama you can do it trust me you already know what struggling is.look at your childrens faces and get your strength from them.

Quoting katelynsmommy30:

Ok first, you have got to stop thinking this way! You are literally going to make yourself insane thinking this way. Teach your children right from wrong, teach them to love and respect, and show them the above by your own actions. Your husband did something wrong, unfortunately he has to pay the consequences for his actions. It's the whole right from wrong thing, your children have to see that. Why would you assume your children are going to be led down this self destructive path, because of a mistake your dh made? Listen, I can see your clearly upset, but you really need to take a deep breath, and realize that things are going to be ok as long as you let them. You are making yourself miserable in thought. Hang in there. Maybe talking to a counselor would help? I'm sorry your having such a hard time. Keep your head up.

Quoting soultree81:

now will be lost without their daddy and will begin to act out or have sex runaway, do drugs.and become statisctcs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soultree81
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM

the reason i fear that my children will become statistics is from personal life experience... my father was an abusive alcoholic, my mother left when  i was 5. I was "daddy's baby" the youngest... spoiled and then my mother had 2 more children , making me the middle child.i was a straight A honor roll student but no one cared and being a child i just wanted the attention.... so at 13 i started drinking, druging lost my virginity to 3 men that raped me. and after that i became a whore i would have sex with anyone i wouldnt say no, because i wanted affection from a male and i thought hey if i have sex with them maybe they will love me... haha. no

looks like my sons info was cut off original post but he was planned right after my 3rd daughter and he was born a couple months before my husbands work injury so he has been my husbands shadow since birth and with him im afraid he will have anger and act out as an adult 70% of children that have a parent or parent in prison become prisoners themselves,

look i know my husband did wrong and must face rthe consequences. we were both brought up in bad neighborhoods and have maintained clean records.this is his first offence ever and he is locked up with men that are career criminals and violent criminals time and time and time again,

soultree81
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM

he hasnt been sentenced yet if he got 30 years of house arrest id be ok with that rather than another day away from his kids

Thank you all for your kind words and for those that had not so kind words thank you and may god bless u with no misfortune in ur lives. i know me i am a sensitive person that thinks with my heart but i am also an intellegent woman that does think logically... i just need to be able to vent and then i can release. and leeet goooooo ... either way i know that my family will get through this and we will be stonger when  all is said and done, its just all so new to me that i panic every now and then ...   i guess i also feel the need to not clear my husbands name but to say " hey he is not a thug no good member of society" we have done well in raising our children so far, i just dont want to screw them up by "not being dadddy"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Your husband is making your kids a statistic and your staying with him. You should start looking at yourself, supporting a guy who sold drugs? Standing by your husband is telling your kids it's fine. You have yourself to blame if they end up in jail.

Quoting soultree81:

the reason i fear that my children will become statistics is from personal life experience... my father was an abusive alcoholic, my mother left when  i was 5. I was "daddy's baby" the youngest... spoiled and then my mother had 2 more children , making me the middle child.i was a straight A honor roll student but no one cared and being a child i just wanted the attention.... so at 13 i started drinking, druging lost my virginity to 3 men that raped me. and after that i became a whore i would have sex with anyone i wouldnt say no, because i wanted affection from a male and i thought hey if i have sex with them maybe they will love me... haha. no

looks like my sons info was cut off original post but he was planned right after my 3rd daughter and he was born a couple months before my husbands work injury so he has been my husbands shadow since birth and with him im afraid he will have anger and act out as an adult 70% of children that have a parent or parent in prison become prisoners themselves,

look i know my husband did wrong and must face rthe consequences. we were both brought up in bad neighborhoods and have maintained clean records.this is his first offence ever and he is locked up with men that are career criminals and violent criminals time and time and time again,

whoodathunk
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:06 AM

This is a great opportunity for your children to learn consequences for doing wrong.  Seeing your husband getting away with dealing drugs would do more harm.  Two years is nothing.  Go to church, depend on your church family.  Have your kids visit the school psychologist.  Having him in jail will take some financial strain off.  

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM

um what?

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I'm sorry. I can't see what's wrong. Maybe you didn't finish your post.

soultree81
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM

i wish it was one less mouth to feed its actually another expence with phone calls and comissary its gonna be a tough ride

soultree81
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM

he deliverd to ppl who sold fyi and i never told my kids this was fine, he sat down with my big girls and told them the truth and appoligized to them and  told them i did something stupid becasue i was desperate this is y u need to do good in school and go to college so that you wont have to feel the need to do anything like this....

and ur right this man that i am completly in love with and have been with since i was 16 made 1 mistake so im getting a divorce...

well we know what statistic u r a part of

Quoting Anonymous:

Your husband is making your kids a statistic and your staying with him. You should start looking at yourself, supporting a guy who sold drugs? Standing by your husband is telling your kids it's fine. You have yourself to blame if they end up in jail.

Quoting soultree81:

mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

well my bad, i misread her age, regardless, i'm still trying to figure out from her post what she's heartbroken over. It wasn't meant to be completely a bad thing. Even at the age of 15-16 most boys won't stay with the girl who got pregnant at that young of an age. Just tryin to figure out the story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN