Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poor poor poor poor poor poor poor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
YEP! We're poor. Like dirt poor. We have no electicity and on Monday we lose running water. We had 2 choices. 1.)To keep electricity and let my kids go hungry or 2.)Let the electric get shut off and let my kids eat! We of course, chose #2. It's cold, and I'm hungry, but my kids are fed, warm and happy. Our neighbor ran an extension cord from his home to ours, so we could plug a very small heater to it. We put the heater in the kids room and put them all together in one room for now. We'll be okay though. We are moving out of this place next week, and DH starts his new job next week. We have a house(with running water/electricity) and DH's new job waiting on us. Its just 4 states away. We just have to wait to go. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  I hope things get better for you quickly.  Just keep that heater running in the mean time.

katieross
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Aw, I am soo sorry :( I hope where you are moving with bring you lots of positive things!! :) 
Do you have a job? If not, maybe you should get one and help out? 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
2 moms liked this

no judgement from me. shit happens sometimes. gotta pay what you gotta pay

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry that you are going through that but at least you have a light at the end of the tunnel. Hugs)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:05 AM
It's very small and we have to keep it on very low due to fire hazards. So we just keep the kids' bedroom door shut. WE on the other hand, are freezing lol. It will be okay though. At least we have a roof over our heads. It beats living out on the side of the road ANY day.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I'm sorry.  I hope things get better for you quickly.  Just keep that heater running in the mean time.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:06 AM
I hope things get better soon. Thankful you can find joy in that your children are happy and healthy although I know that doesn't make anything better. Hugs and GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this
A job? Not currently no. And I've been actively looking too. Most jobs are 40 or more miles from us, and I have a car with no gas. We live in the country so a taxi or bus is out of the question. We'll be okay though. :) We just have a few more days of this and we are off to our new home in a new state with a new life!

Quoting katieross:

Aw, I am soo sorry :( I hope where you are moving with bring you lots of positive things!! :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Yep. Shit does happen. I never in my life thought WE would be in this situation, but we are. Might as well suck it up and just deal with it!

Quoting bustybee:

no judgement from me. shit happens sometimes. gotta pay what you gotta pay

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I'm sorry but I am glad that things will be getting better for you soon. Hang in there!

katieross
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM

I really hope it gets better for you. You seem like a positive person, so keep it up :)

Quoting Anonymous:

A job? Not currently no. And I've been actively looking too. Most jobs are 40 or more miles from us, and I have a car with no gas. We live in the country so a taxi or bus is out of the question. We'll be okay though. :) We just have a few more days of this and we are off to our new home in a new state with a new life!

Quoting katieross:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)