Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hospital stay =my time to rest

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 32 Replies
Went to dinner last night with my parents, while there my 3 teenage brothers were joking about visiting us in the hospital when ds is born. I laugh and stated they won't have to worry about that because the hospital is limiting visitors due to the flu. I have told my family before we don't want visitors while in the hospital and it seemed to be a blessing when I found out about the limitation because my family isn't listening to us. While my mom got really upset and said that better not be the case when I go into labor. I see the hospital stay as my time to relax, get better, and bond with my dh and ds. My family is crazy, my mom gets super emotional all the time, and I have 3 teenage brothers, the last thing I wanna do after having a baby is deal with them. I've given my husband full permission to tell them to leave if they just show up at the hospital. They will be more then welcome to come see him when we get home. Now it looks like I might have to have a scheduled c section and I'm thinking of not even telling them until we are home. If I do that my mom will be upset and call me selfish, I need to point out she's my stepmom but I'm closer to her then my Bm. Any I being selfish?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM

No,it is your choice and they should respect your wishes.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM

No, you're in charge. I couldn't imagine not having any visitors though! 

Anonymous2u
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM
No. This is ur delivery so u decide what u want. I welcomed all visitors! Everyone was good about only staying for a lil bit. 10-15 mins doesn't hurt.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not selfish, it's smart. Recovering from a csection means sleeping as much as possible those first few days - entertaining visitors is not helpful. All new moms need rest whenever they can get it, and major abdominal surgery just compounds that.

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM
No..not selfish at all especially if they are overbearing and obnoxious.
finnbar
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

no, you are not. If you feel like you need to use the couple days, we are talking about 72 hours here people!, to rest up after delivering than people should respect that.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Make sure you let the hospital know who is on your visitor list. They can deny anyone you want.

Our hospital has a locked door with a speaker and you have to ask for permission to enter the maternity ward.
JenieceMojica
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM
It's your choice to do whatever you want...
I personally can never keep my family in the dark like that. I feel like that is the time for all of us to bond as a family together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diesels_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Thank you ladies!
I don't wish to keep my family in the dark but they are overbearing, won't stay for a short time, and my mom gets worked up easily.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

It's your choice to do whatever you want...

I personally can never keep my family in the dark like that. I feel like that is the time for all of us to bond as a family together

CadincesMom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM

You have every right to not want people up there and your family should respect that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)