Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (131-140):
Freela
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Well, I don't go around tell people how long to bf, because it really isn't up to me how other people feed their kids. And I don't tell people whether to vaccinate or not, because really it's not my decision what they do. However, personally, I bf'd my kids until age two (except for the first, who self-weaned around 18 months when I got pg again) and I do vaccinate. So I guess on a personal level, I agree with both recommendations.

LLbaby143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Huh?  U can agree with anything u want that's what's awesome about this country. The aap actually says until 1yr. The WHO says at least 2 yrs old......  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby doesn't self wean at 4 months... That's not baby led weaning. I think u meant 14 months??? 

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever.

Just for your info, though.  I Breast fed until 4 months (baby-led weaning), and vaccinated on Pediatrician's  schedule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, slow down there chief, you piped in on my comment, that NEVER involved you in the first place, so don't go getting your fur all hackled, nobody called *you* ignorant,lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh?  WTF did I just read?  Someone is making a mountain from a mole-hill. I am not ignorant, I was stating a fact from the Military.  Only narrow-minded people use the term ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, my little has his shots, so your kinda arguing up a tree stump....however, I am still breastfeeding at 17 months, and there is NO amount of ignorance that can realistically argue that breastfeeding and vaccinations are on the same spectrum, UNless, someone is feeling slightly insecure about the past. That's all.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love how you are insulting people to justify yourself.  Think of this-What if you are Military and move every few years?  The Military requires vaccinations.  No debate.  You need to get shots.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw,lol, it's just incredibly ignorant, and makes no sense.

I think your maybe just feeling a little guilty,and trying to justify yourself,lol.

Just educate yourself instead, much easier.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

Kitschy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always listened to the AAP's recommendations, I don't always follow them but they are again recommendations and not commandments. Even though I agree with many of them, I wouldn't have much respect for any parent that blindly follows what ANYONE says they should do when raising their child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Mama's got a squeezebox, daddy never sleeps at night.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

No, the WHO recommends at least two, not the AAP

Barb87
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I plan to vax my children. BUT they will ONLY receive what I & DH received. No more, No less. I never get sick except for sinus infections. Other than that, between my pedi administered my vaxs & the Army pumping me with my updates along with a few that my pedi never gave me, I'm  always healthy!!! & I plan to EBF until each LO decides their own, that nough is enough. But thats just ME & MY CHOICE & DH is 100% all for it!!!!

WithHope
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I do both. I'm missing the correlation between feeding and (preventatively) medicating my child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I believe in extended BF and vaccines.

Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I vaccinated and BF until 3 1/2.

But due to circumstances, Chibi's dr agreed that it was better for Chibi to only get one vaccine per visit.  She had a minor heart defect and her older brother had had a MAJOR heart defect that was incompatible with life.  There is also a strong history of allergies in her family on both sides, so being conservative and yet making sure she was protected was the order of the day.

I did not become seriously ill until she was 3 1/2.  Chibi is fully vaxxed, including flu and except for chicken pox, because it's a live vaccine and dangerous for ME at this time.  She'll be getting the HPV vaccine starting next year.

Oh, and she's still autistic.  But was always developmentally ahead of the curve. (ie: she doubled up on milestones, walked at 9 months, could sign at 6 months and generally showed pretty reliable symptoms for Aspergers; fine muscle control issues, gross motor issues like pushing trike pedals and steering at the same time was hard for her to learn, yet she could climb like a monkey on crack, sensory issues, early speaking, but lots of echolalia, avoidence of eye contact) I knew she was autistic before she was 3.  It wasn't a shock.  I also knew it wasn't the vaccines and this was 13 years ago, when that was still up in the air.

As I've said before, her cousin who is allergic to almost everything and cannot be vaccinated due to those life threatening allergies, is also autistic, with other physical issues to contend with.  (Born with cleft soft palate, poor vision, chronic ear infections which delayed both speech along with the surgery for her soft palate AND delayed gross motor skills)  Chibi Jr is High Functioning Autistic, where as Chibi is High Functioning Aspergers. They are both autistic, and share similar issues and mannerisms (hey, blood will tell), but Chibi Jr has many more issues with communication and physical issues.  Oh, and her mother pumped for 9 months before her body just gave out.  She got pneumonia and that was all she wrote.  And because of her allergies, she was allergic to all formula (even the expensive, tastes of ass, needs a prescription and an electric mixer to get it to even dissolve formula), so they had to supplement with homemade goats milk formula.  Sure worked a treat!  Chibi Jr is 7 now and has always been built like a tank.

But no vaccines.  She's one of the medically exempt.  The ONLY reason anyone should be allowed to not vaccinate their children is MEDICAL EXEMPTION.  PERIOD.

Two cousins...both breastfed, both autistic, one fully vaccinated, one never vaccinated.  GEE.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

ah, we bf until 2 and vaccinate 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured