Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I breastfed and vaccinated on a delayed schedule. At four he was caught up so I'd say no I'm not.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't agree with AAP recommendations. I do what I feel is best for my baby and my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, I breast feed until my children chose to wean, vaccinate, and will rear face until my child is at least 2. The only thing I do against AAP recommendations is bed sharing. But that is only because of the research that has been out out in support of it. My daughter's doc is full aware of it, and also fully supportive, just asked me questions to ensure it was being done safely.

I have yet to see a single study out out that shows breastfeeding beyond X years is harmful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I thought it was WHO that had the 2 year recommendation (but I am not "in to" these type of debates .... Errr informing people, so I have noooo real idea.

curlycupcake
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. You are correct. Thank goodness someone picked that up.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

No, the WHO recommends at least two, not the AAP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCB911
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
2 moms liked this

why wouldn't someone pick and choose what they think is best for thier child.  They can say " the AAP agrees with me about . . . ." and then choose better for another decision.  People do what is best for THEIR child, not blindly follow guidelines (or I sure hope not).

For the record mine were BF for 14 and 12 months.  One got all the vax's (except flu and chicken pox), the other is way behind b/c I'm better educated and doubt the safety of the vax's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I dont see how one has anything to do with the other
Car accidents are the leading cause of death for children, not chicken pox

actually, chicken pox can be quite serious.  There have been deaths.  I had a severe case at the age of 8, I was extremely sick( that was 40 yrs ago and I STILL remember how horrible it was)  I was out of school almost a month, with fevers dangerously high and the pain/itch was unbearable. I did not hesitate to get my child vaccinated, and it is now mandatory to get it in order to enter school.  Then again, I have had unfortunate experiences and acquired HPV 25 yrs ago and still suffer with those affects.  I also did not hesitate to get DD the HPV vaccine.  Sometimes when your life is not so blissful and bad things happen to you, you tend to not want the same for your kids.  Those who live in la la land and who think nothing bad can happen kind of piss me off.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Its the WHO who reccomends bf until at least two. I fully vaccinate both myself dh and all kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Nope that's funny I believe in vaccinating and breast feeding till two, I also believe in rear facing until at least two
conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow way to make assumptions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN