Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I always took it to mean when baby didn't want to breast feed anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

"I Breast fed until 4 months (baby-led weaning)"

Uhmmmm........not sure.
Baby led weaning aka introducing solids
Quoting Anonymous:

Where did I say that I started solids at 4 months?  My baby did not want to Breast feed anymore.  I used formula.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Should have fired the pediatrician who recommended starting solids at 4 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever.

Just for your info, though. Ã� I Breast fed until 4 months (baby-led weaning), and vaccinated on Pediatrician's Ã� schedule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, slow down there chief, you piped in on my comment, that NEVER involved you in the first place, so don't go getting your fur all hackled, nobody called *you* ignorant,lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh? Ã� WTF did I just read? Ã� Someone is making a mountain from a mole-hill. I am not ignorant, I was stating a fact from the Military. Ã� Only narrow-minded people use the term ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, my little has his shots, so your kinda arguing up a tree stump....however, I am still breastfeeding at 17 months, and there is NO amount of ignorance that can realistically argue that breastfeeding and vaccinations are on the same spectrum, UNless, someone is feeling slightly insecure about the past. That's all.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love how you are insulting people to justify yourself. Ã� Think of this-What if you are Military and move every few years? Ã� The Military requires vaccinations. Ã� No debate. Ã� You need to get shots. Ã� 

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw,lol, it's just incredibly ignorant, and makes no sense.

I think your maybe just feeling a little guilty,and trying to justify yourself,lol.

Just educate yourself instead, much easier.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Yea, I hear ya, it really is misleading.
In America, that is often how's it's translated, however, all of Europe is the opposite, there it actually translates to introducing solids(because anytime you start offering solids, it naturally is the beginning of weaning. There weaning means to introduce, not take away.)
Does this make sense? It's kinda hard to explain, you can also google BLW or BLS for both nations.
Quoting Anonymous:

I always took it to mean when baby didn't want to breast feed anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

"I Breast fed until 4 months (baby-led weaning)"

Uhmmmm........not sure.

Baby led weaning aka introducing solids
Quoting Anonymous:

Where did I say that I started solids at 4 months?  My baby did not want to Breast feed anymore.  I used formula.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Should have fired the pediatrician who recommended starting solids at 4 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

whatever.

Just for your info, though. Ã�� I Breast fed until 4 months (baby-led weaning), and vaccinated on Pediatrician's Ã�� schedule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, slow down there chief, you piped in on my comment, that NEVER involved you in the first place, so don't go getting your fur all hackled, nobody called *you* ignorant,lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh? Ã�� WTF did I just read? Ã�� Someone is making a mountain from a mole-hill. I am not ignorant, I was stating a fact from the Military. Ã�� Only narrow-minded people use the term ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, my little has his shots, so your kinda arguing up a tree stump....however, I am still breastfeeding at 17 months, and there is NO amount of ignorance that can realistically argue that breastfeeding and vaccinations are on the same spectrum, UNless, someone is feeling slightly insecure about the past. That's all.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love how you are insulting people to justify yourself. Ã�� Think of this-What if you are Military and move every few years? Ã�� The Military requires vaccinations. Ã�� No debate. Ã�� You need to get shots. Ã�� 

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw,lol, it's just incredibly ignorant, and makes no sense.

I think your maybe just feeling a little guilty,and trying to justify yourself,lol.

Just educate yourself instead, much easier.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I go with the WHO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Most people who say that seem to be defending/supporting their choice to ebf, not trying to force it on others. Can't say I've ever asked their stance on vaccinating.

IMO a professional's advice is always to be considered, but not the be-all, end-all of every matter. I selectively vaccinate and breastfed until DS weaned naturally.

BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I breastfed until 9 months (they weaned themselves at 8 months but I knew they needed it longer) and vaccinated all my kids.

HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I agree with bfing and vaccinating. No hypocrite here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
AAP also says circumcision does have health benifits.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I breastfeed and vaccinate not getting your point in the least???

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I think your logic is off here, as it sounds like you are talking about a specific subgroup of people who breastfeed past a year.

My son is fully vaccinated and was breastfed until his second year.

Perhaps a clarification of the point you were trying to make and which group this was specifically directed towards would have cut down on a lot of misunderstandings as there is a drastic difference.....but I guess you wouldn't have gotten your drama is you presented your thought clearly.

Quoting Anonymous:

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I vaccinate and I still bf my 16 month old. So
I guess I'm in the clear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)