Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (151-160):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I don't do what I do based on recommendations.   I do what I do based on my kids mostly, and yes, I take everything I hear into consideration and if it's worth it, I'll research...

Otherwise, what my kids need, I generally figure out as their mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

They do not require vaccinations. My husband is military and we have lived in 5 different places, one them even being overseas. My youngest is completely non vaccinated. They can't force you to vaccinate if you're not the one in the military.
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
yep, i breastfed until 2, and also vaccinate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I selectively vaccinate and believe that breastfeeding should continue for as long as it is mutually agreeable between mother and child. I do what feels right for me and my children and do not rely on the ever changing recommendations of organizations that have political influence. I really don't need someone on the outside telling me what is best for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

When you go for your overseas medical clearance they will always get you caught up on shots. However, there is no regulation saying its nessecary, so you can decline them. We've moved 5 times, once to Germany. We simply declined them at our clearance. We are moving to Italy in a few weeks and we declined them at that clearance appt as well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, everytime we went to England or Germany, we had to have shots.

Quoting svolkov:

Only certain ones and only if u move to a different country that requires them for entrance

Quoting Anonymous:

Bullshit-my dad was Military and YES I did have to be vaccinated.

Quoting Anonymous:

bullshit. active duty has to be vaxd, BUT family members do not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I love how you are insulting people to justify yourself.  Think of this-What if you are Military and move every few years?  The Military requires vaccinations.  No debate.  You need to get shots.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw,lol, it's just incredibly ignorant, and makes no sense.

I think your maybe just feeling a little guilty,and trying to justify yourself,lol.

Just educate yourself instead, much easier.

Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I bf and vaccinated because I wanted to. Any coincedental similarity with any health organizations recommendations is coincedental. I do what I do because my research showed it as what was best for my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I do what I feel is right. I dont go by some guidelines...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM
I breastfeed my autistic toddler because it is best for him both physically and emotionally. He's a calm, sweet child and his development is way past all predictions. I also don't vaccinate him because vaccinations are why he was normal and even advanced and then BAM, he was autistic. Don't like the fact that I always do what's best for my kids regardless of what your mainstream McDonald's eating ass likes? Too bad. I give less of a damn about what you think than you give about what I do. Obviously. And I will NEVER take any recommendation of the AAP, CDC, FDA, Congress, BOE, or some CM frump up on her Walmart circa 1999 high horse. I go with common sense and mother wisdom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM

AAP = idiots. I wouldn't take their advice on how to treat a fucking cold. Or my pediatricians for that matter. Those idiots hand out antibiotics like candy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
This argument pertains to like 15% of EBF...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)