Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I say do what you feel is best for your kid. I will do what I feel is best for mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Quoting JCB911:

why wouldn't someone pick and choose what they think is best for thier child.  They can say " the AAP agrees with me about . . . ." and then choose better for another decision.  People do what is best for THEIR child, not blindly follow guidelines (or I sure hope not).

For the record mine were BF for 14 and 12 months.  One got all the vax's (except flu and chicken pox), the other is way behind b/c I'm better educated and doubt the safety of the vax's.

that does not make you "better" educated, it makes you paranoid.  I always have to question people who think they know more than the medical community, sorry

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I vaccinate and don't breastfeed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Well. I've have no idea who either is. Besides one being a band. Group. Whatever. We do what feels good for us. My youngest loves his booby. Vaccinating I'm on the fence about.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I vaccinate.. so.. no, I'm not a hypocrite.

I also don't just base my opinions on ONE organization... I take the time to do my research.

What exactly is your point? That if we breastfeed we must be all natural mama's who are also against vaccinations? Because that's just as hypocritical.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
The vacciene makers are big business, you dont think maybe they are out for the bottom line and not our best interest?
JMmomof2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I bf my first until 18 months. And my second until 26 months. My son is vaccinated with all but the new prevnar. He had a siezure from it. We will not try it again as of now. My daughter is delayed because of her weight.
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Many "crunchy" moms don't vaccinate, personally Idc how long your baby sucks on your boob, or how long they face backwards, or how many shots they get. And I REALLY dont care about their penis and if it has foreskin or not! Your baby, your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Oh I'm sorry. Well WHO also reccomends vaccines.

http://www.who.int/immunization_delivery/vaccines/en/

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

No, the WHO recommends at least two, not the AAP
Jeremmy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Its quite simple...People who choose to nurse for 2 years or longer would do it with or without the AAP...they just mention the AAP as yet another source that supports it. That doesnt mean they follow all of the AAP recommendations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)