Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who like to say "The AAP reccomends BFing until at LEAST age two".....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are you a hypocrite? Becuase the AAP also reccomends vaccinating.

Lets see how many of you only listen to the parts you want to agree with.

http://www2.aap.org/immunization/

ETA; Let me also say I am 100% do what's best for you, and your family, but I am against telling people what to do because you think its the ONLY right way, and then judging and putting them down. If you want to BF until 40 and not vaccinate GO FOR IT. Just don't spout off sites that agree with only part of what you're saying. That's a hypocrite.

Thanks all!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I ebf, I have formula fed, and we fully vax.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I dont see how one has anything to do with the other
Car accidents are the leading cause of death for children, not chicken pox

actually, chicken pox can be quite serious.  There have been deaths.  I had a severe case at the age of 8, I was extremely sick( that was 40 yrs ago and I STILL remember how horrible it was)  I was out of school almost a month, with fevers dangerously high and the pain/itch was unbearable. I did not hesitate to get my child vaccinated, and it is now mandatory to get it in order to enter school.  Then again, I have had unfortunate experiences and acquired HPV 25 yrs ago and still suffer with those affects.  I also did not hesitate to get DD the HPV vaccine.  Sometimes when your life is not so blissful and bad things happen to you, you tend to not want the same for your kids.  Those who live in la la land and who think nothing bad can happen kind of piss me off.

I had chicken pox as well, but only had 10 marks on my face, however was pretty sick from it.. was also out of school for a month, but just because our cases were a bit more harsh, doesn't mean someone deciding against it, is wrong!  For all you know they choose against it because their child has an allergy to one of the ingredients and that would be far more deadly than catching the chicken pox..  You also might want to note that prior to the shot about 105 people died a year from chicken pox.. in 2011, 115 deaths were reported from a direct result of the vaccination... Just saying.. you might want to do a bit more research before getting pissed off because you aren't exactly fully informed either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I vaccinate my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JCB911:

why wouldn't someone pick and choose what they think is best for thier child.  They can say " the AAP agrees with me about . . . ." and then choose better for another decision.  People do what is best for THEIR child, not blindly follow guidelines (or I sure hope not).

For the record mine were BF for 14 and 12 months.  One got all the vax's (except flu and chicken pox), the other is way behind b/c I'm better educated and doubt the safety of the vax's.

that does not make you "better" educated, it makes you paranoid.  I always have to question people who think they know more than the medical community, sorry

, we were planning on following the CDC recommended schedule, a friend started talking about guardisil, since she knew I wasnt comfortable with that vaccines*just something in my gut* gave me onformation on what it REALLY protects against, got me looking into other vaccines.. once I started researching, i have SINCE been able to inform my daughters peds*two different ones* about the vaccines they were recommending and why we would not be getting them.. both have since been  100% confident in MY decision to do what I think is best for my daughter. after researching disease/cause of disease/ ingredients, due to various health/religous reasons we have a VERY selective/delayed schedule that her peds agree with.  Sadly, with how things have changed in the last 20 years, some of these moms DO know more than *SOME*  peds/physicians in the medical community

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I dont care what the AAP says. No one can and will tell me how to raise my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM
S.T.U.P.I.P.
S.T.U.P.I.D.
S.T.U.P.I.D.
POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JCB911:

why wouldn't someone pick and choose what they think is best for thier child.  They can say " the AAP agrees with me about . . . ." and then choose better for another decision.  People do what is best for THEIR child, not blindly follow guidelines (or I sure hope not).

For the record mine were BF for 14 and 12 months.  One got all the vax's (except flu and chicken pox), the other is way behind b/c I'm better educated and doubt the safety of the vax's.

that does not make you "better" educated, it makes you paranoid.  I always have to question people who think they know more than the medical community, sorry

medical error and over/undertreatment is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US... just saying..

It doesn't make someone paranoid, it makes them informed..

Let me ask you something OP.. if you believe in the medical community SO SO much and feel so strongly about vaccinating.. why are you against breastfeeding??? Even doctors know breast is best!

You are coming off as a very ignorant hypocrite.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

AAP.. not APA.

Quoting Anonymous:

WHO NOT APA....ROTFL IDIOTS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Naw,lol, it's just incredibly ignorant, and makes no sense.
I think your maybe just feeling a little guilty,and trying to justify yourself,lol.
Just educate yourself instead, much easier.
Have a good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww. Are you mad cause you're getting called out on your hypocrisy? Bless your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

S.T.U.P.I.P.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

S.T.U.P.I.D.

POST.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN