Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do your 2nd-4th graders read?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
My son is 8 and loves to read. We've been through all of The Hardy Boys, Boxcar Children, Captain Underpants, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Goosebumps and few others. He needs something new and our one used bookstore is pretty much out of anything that he hasn't already read. He's invaded my book shelves now and while there are worse things than James Patterson, I'd rather he stick to more age appropriate things. Sooo, what are your kids reading?

Oh, and he hates Junie B. Jones.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Left Behind for kids-Stephen king, James Patterson-I dont censor what they read because they can only imagine what they want with reading.

LyTe684
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
My six year old isn't a fan of Junie B. Either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
The Hobbit, LOTR, Fablehaven series.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

What about the Magic Tree House or A to Z mysteries.

I would just take him to Barnes and Nobles and let him browse. They seperate all their books by grade levels.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Geronimo and Thea Stilton, Harry Potter, Beast Quest, Animorphs, Magic Tree House, animal encyclopedia type books, Rainbow Magic, Judy Moody etc. She's 8 but on a high school reading level so sometimes it's a bit of a struggle to find something that's age appropriate and keeps her interest. We're reading HP together as I know the more you read the more mature it gets.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I wouldn't really care, but some of the murder scenes are kind of detailed and he gets creeped out. As in...he has to make sure all the doors are locked, windows closed, dog in his room and still ends up sleeping on my floor.

Quoting momto3infl:

Left Behind for kids-Stephen king, James Patterson-I dont censor what they read because they can only imagine what they want with reading.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My 10 year old loves Michigan and American Chillers by Johnathon Rand. (we are from MI and he thinks it's cool he is from here)

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My 8 yr old is 1/2 way through the Harry Potter series. He simply loves HP.

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

i understand-I was looking at my 3rd grader and also my 2 middle schoolers-my youngest does more the of the Left behind (not realy scary), right now she has been reading orginial Wizard of oz series.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't really care, but some of the murder scenes are kind of detailed and he gets creeped out. As in...he has to make sure all the doors are locked, windows closed, dog in his room and still ends up sleeping on my floor.

Quoting momto3infl:

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My kids loved these also well the middle child-could only find them when we visited IN.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 10 year old loves Michigan and American Chillers by Johnathon Rand. (we are from MI and he thinks it's cool he is from here)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN